Pro Gear 440 & 452 YTS

Started by joel8080, December 09, 2010, 01:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joel8080

Alan

As long as I'm ordering parts for my 1/0 I wonder is there any way of increasing my Pro Gear 440 & 452 yellow tail specials to 5 drag washers replacing the 3 drag washer they now have.

There great reels and I really enjoy using them.

Joel 8080
Oceanside,California

Bryan Young

As I recall (yeah, my memory is not very good), the 440 and 452 is essentially a 4/0 reels.  I believe the 440 is a normal 4/0 size.  The YTS is a narrow version of a 4/0.  The 454 is a wide 4/0.

If this is true, you can swap out to Penn's 113H metal and HT100 set.  You will need to add another carbon washer that has been ground down slightly (smaller OD) for under the main gear.  It should fit fine.  I believe Smoothdrag also has a set, but not sure about metal washers.

One of my 440 reels had a 3 stack set-up and I switched them out, no problem.

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

don't forget to replace the fiber washer with a penn ht-100 #6-875 under the main gear.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

joel8080

Thank You Guys, your the best.

Joel 8080
Oceanside,California

joel8080

Alan, Brian

Went to order the washers & drags and noticed they come in thick & thin does it matter which one I buy.

Again Thank You.

Joel8080
Oceanside,California

alantani

you will need the thin ht-100 drag washers and the thin metal washer set as well.  you will probably be able to fit a stainless steel belleville washer on top. if you get the carbontex set, you will get a carbon fiber washer to go under the main gear.  otherwise you will have to use a penn #6-875 washer for that spot.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Hi Joel8080,

If you are ordering from Dawn (SmoothDrag), you will need to order the thin set pluse a washer Number 12 for under the main gear.  You will also need a set of thin washers as well.  These should be Penn Part No. 7C-113H if Dawn doesn't have a set of thin metal washers.

If you are buy from MysticParts, you will need to order part no. 6-113HSP Kit, which includes:
   5   6-113H  HT-100® FIBER WASHERS
   1   86-113H  THICK KEYED ROUND METAL WASHER
   2   86-970  THIN KEYED ROUND METAL WASHERS
   2   7-970  THIN EARED METAL WASHERS
Will also need to order part no. 6-875 for under the main gear.

This will allow you to convert from a 3 stack to a 5+1 stack (not counting metal washers).

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D