shirts and head mask with UV protection or not

Started by steelfish, April 23, 2015, 02:07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkT

Quote from: SoCalAngler on April 10, 2017, 12:01:27 AM
I am in the not crowd when it comes to buff's and SPF rated shirts. Though I do use a good spray SPF 50 water resistant sunscreen on any exposed skin. For me comfort is a must while fishing, so in hot weather I mainly wear T-shirts and shorts. I have never got sunburned under a normal shirt or shorts and even get a "farmers" tan on my body and legs where the exposed skin with the SPF 50 gets darker than the areas covered by clothes not SPF rated.

I say if your comfortable wearing more clothes or buff's in hot weather go for it as I'm sure they offer more protection than sunscreen alone.

I have been doing the sunscreen, T's and shorts for a really long time in Baja and So Cal.

KROQ... love it dude! These days they're alt rock, but I like that too.

Back in the day

until present my clothing has not changed all that much.

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

SoCalAngler

Thanks Mark for recognizing the not so obvious in my post but I knew someone would get it.

Really skin cancer can be a very bad thing so I was not trying to make light of it. I just wanted to show with protection, and I do take this seriously, that there is more than one way to cover one self. But, do watch the sun and how it can harm you. My father every time he comes up to the states gets something burned or cut off his body due to sun damage.

But in a lighter note going back to KROQ check this out, from 1982, the year before I graduated high school.

I will be at Catalina at least 25 times this year, just like years past.

Only click if you want a laugh.

steelfish

As an update this interesting and useful thread, I will show you how I roll now when going fishing, still with SPF shirts but I found some really nice from Columbia, this are more comfy that their regular fishing shirts with buttoms.
this ones I just found have an integrated cap/top, so the buff mask is not a must all day but still necesary if you want to cover your mouth and nose from the breeze, in the second pic you can see the buff mask in my neck.

still use the columbia fishing shirts with buttoms but this ones on the pics are more comfy in my case.
The Baja Guy