113 hn baja special

Started by alantani, December 07, 2008, 04:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat

Aahaa derrrrr, wake up Don, cheers all Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Anglerboi

Hello,

Could the loss of drag lbs also be from improper washer stacking and not the drag washers being worn out?

Rancanfish

Yes, entirely possible.  But will show up as a significant loss of pressure usually.

You know what?, go to the Baja thread, I seem to recall there are options as to how the stack can be assembled.

My search skills are pretty weak.  Google search usually works better.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Anglerboi

Quote from: Rancanfish on May 04, 2020, 11:47:31 PM
Yes, entirely possible.  But will show up as a significant loss of pressure usually.

You know what?, go to the Baja thread, I seem to recall there are options as to how the stack can be assembled.

My search skills are pretty weak.  Google search usually works better.

Thanks! I actually just took the handle off and noticed the 2 metal spacers were not cupped, tightened everything up and drag is a lot closer to the 25LB range! Thanks again.

conchydong

Sometimes it is the simplest things. I won't tell you how many times I have taken a reel apart over and over to just find a ID-10T error.

Bill B

Quote from: Rancanfish on May 04, 2020, 02:05:50 PM
Donnyboat,  I bet Bill figured it out.  That was 2017.   

Yeah guys, the pinion was the issue....however a problem surfaced when it was fished, the reel would lock up, a quick 5 minutes in Alan's hands revealed it was missing the the little spool/pinion bearing that is nestled in the spool shaft that the pinion shaft turns on......part number 55-910.....when i bought the reel it was in parts missing the spool, never missed the bearing until i tried to fish it.  Used it extensively on the 11th Annual crab trip with Alan and crew, it performed great.....
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!