electramate size/model?

Started by kapnd, December 13, 2010, 02:14:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kapnd

I just picked up an electramate for $20 at a garage sale, but it doesnt have any identification numbers on it.  It does run, and I've cleaned, painted and greased the heck out of it, now I am trying to determine what reel I need for it.  The seller was sure it was for a Penn Senator, thought it was for a 4/0 penn, which I have but it is larger.
Its about 5 1/4" between the mounting lugs, and the drive is centered between them.
Anybody know what size reel its for?
Thanks, Don

Bryan Young

SCORE!!!  It could be for a 6/0 or 9/0 reel as I believe that was the smallest they were made for.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

kamuwela

ive seen them here with 80's on them for opakapaka and onaga. the one i did had a tiagra 80w on it

Fishead

I have a 114H with the 612-H red motor on it,Good kite reel but not much to fish with unless they are small fish.If it is that old, it's most likley not one of the XP series motors.There are two XP motors,one is fast retrieve and the other is a little slower,both much better than the 612-H motor.If it has a toggle switch instead of a push button,it could be the XP motor.If it is the push button 612-H,I could use another kite reel if you might consider selling it.
If you're not fishing,you're wishing you were!!

kapnd

OK, I have looked at a friend's Electramate with 9/0 Senator, and it has an adaptor plate to match it to the reel.  This is the missing part, doesnt look like Electramate sells them anymore, so will continue to look for parts for a while.  There must be tons of junked ones laying around, just need to hook up with the right person!  Am wondering if the mounts will bolt up directly to a 12/0, eliminating the need for the adaptor?  The mounting lugs are 5 1/4" apart with the drive centered between them.
Can anybody give me a measurement off a 12/0 Senator?
Fishead, I think it is a smaller motor with a pushbutton, there is no kind of ID# on the reel, and the website doesnt offer much in the way of help with model identification.
If I strike out on the parts search, I will consider selling it.
I am not fishing for huge fish,  so it should suffice, except for the occasional shark, which hopefully will break off quickly.

alantani

a bunch of guys at http://www.tx-sharkfishing.com/messageboard/viewforum.php?f=10 will know the dimension on a 12/0 senator.  check in there!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Fishead

Kapnd;First off,I am almost certain that motor will not fit without the mounting brackets,the ones I have extend the sideplate by at least 1/2" on each side.I believe that is to allow the motor to be removed without taking the reel apart.This feature comes in handy when the motor quits and you have to put a vise grip on the shaft and manually crank 600' of wire line back on your reel.I now carry a spare handle just in case it happens again.Back to your motor,My 6/0 & 9/0 motor brackets are both 5-1/4" apart,the difference looks to be the size of the mounting bracket.The 612-H on the 6/0 has a motor width of 3",the motor on my 940 XP on the 9/0 has a motor width of 4-1/2",that may help you figure out if it is the 612-H 0r the XP series( XP is a lot Better ).I have LP motors on my 12/0's so I cant help you with measuments for that reel.
If you're not fishing,you're wishing you were!!

kamuwela

kapnd if you send me a pm i can hook you up with someone locally that has eletramates for all his reels. im sure he can fix you up.

kapnd

Thanks, Kamuela
I still have your phone #, will give you a call soon!
Mahalo