Penn Fathom clamp screws

Started by cubanaso, May 12, 2015, 06:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubanaso

Just curious as to whether or not anyone knew about longer clamp screws for a Fathom 25N.  Mine is mounted on a CS 900H cork wrapped with a thin rope real seat section.  I was wondering if longer screws were available or if they would help keep the reel on threw a fight.  As it is now, not many threads of the stock screws are holding it on.  I haven't got a big yellow on it yet but it seems solid thus far.  Any insight would be awesome.

Thanks

Andrew

alantani

it's should be a standard hardware store thread, 10-32 or 8-32.  different length bolts should be available. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Rivverrat

With out seeing it it's hard to know exactly.....But if it were me I would do as Alan states & go to the harware store & get the longer stainless fastners.
 If this rod is a deckhand style like I use...with out a reel seat, with reel completely dependant upon clamp to stay mounted to the rod.....I wouldn't use it until it was right......only talking a couple dollars at most for the proper harware to fix it....Jeff

handi2

There are also longer clamp nuts available to fit the stock bolts. If you need the longer ones just PM me and I'll get some out to you.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

steelfish

Keith, a good friend is also looking for longer bolts or longer clamp nuts for his Fathom 40LD2, he is using the stock clamp nuts that seemed to work really nice on my rods but he is using the reel on a old rod with thicker reel seat diameter, the bolt and nuts barely touch each other, so I think he might need both parts longer to have a good bite and secure the reel, do you know if there are longer factory bolts and longer nuts ?

but not sure if that would be enough,  I might have to visit a hard ware store to find a longer bolt as Alan Sugested
The Baja Guy

jonrx7

the screw is 10-24 and the  stock length  is 7/8 you can buy 1 inch or longer as  needed. I use button head SS screws and trim off anything not needed. I cannot find any 10-24 penn style acorn nut in SS.

John
I love to fish. Enjoy life as it comes to you. Follow your PASSION.

joel8080

Did you try McMasters? they have them.

joel8080
Oceanside,California