Big Tim's Friday fishin' trip report

Started by alantani, May 23, 2015, 01:13:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

I had a wonderful time.  I'm glad that things came together.

Although I didn't catch many fish (10 total), I did catch 4 keeper sized lings, one undersized line and 5 assorted rockfish.  All lings came on jigs (Joey's 6 oz. homemade secret jig available at Fisherman's Warehouse, P-line 8 oz Diamond Jig, 8 oz green and orange swimbait head with a dark green with red flakes twin tail swimbait, and a 3" glow red Campania Lures grub from Hawaii).  All of my rockcods bit whole squid...and I'm not sure how some of those tiny rockcods that I caught could fit the whole squid in their mouths.

Truly epic.  Great company coupled with great Deckies and Skipper...this was truly enjoyable.

By the way, Joey and Adam are the BEST dishwasher in all time, and hellava fishermans.  Good luck in Wisconsin boys.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

theswimmer

Pics from the trip.
First is Brian ,Craig and Wayne in the background. You can see Wayne in one of his pics taking the same shot reversed!
Second is Wayne and Mike on the way out.
Third is the big weigh in with Deckhand Macho Man.
Fourth is some of the group, note how the boat is leaning to the starboard.
There is some heavy talent on that rail!
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

First is Matt with a couple of Hogs.
Second are my two keepers and a donated third from Matt I think.....
Third is the Boss with the money fish.
Thanks again to everyone , Big Tim on down for making this happen.
I had a blast.
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Shark Hunter

Great reports guys! Good to see Bryan catching some fish for a change! ;D
Life is Good!

theswimmer

Alan ,Adam, Joey and Wayne on the way out.

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

Not to embarrass anyone but the gentleman who won the jackpot......he took his winnings and gave it to the deckhands!

Class Act.

Errol Flynn

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

theswimmer

Errol Flynn

pangamaster

Quote from: El Pescador on May 25, 2015, 03:15:15 PM
For almost all of us, this fishing thing consumes more $$ than we earn with our sport/hobby.

I had a chance to see the other side of this sport.

During our evening with Alan and entire Rockfishing crew, I spoke with Joey & Adam, both San Jose State University Students.

They recently competed in the ESPN Bassmasters College Series fishing tournment at Folsom Lake, near Folsom, CA.

And guess what????  They took 3rd place!!!!!  That said, the winners were 1 lbs. & 2 oz. above our guys!!!

Bottom line, they earned enough money to cover their college books for the entire year!!!!   And they were on the Bassmaster Show!

Congratulations to both Joey & Adam!!!!

Ahhhh that explains all that bass gear they were fishing with!  Great trip and fun meeting everyone!
Anything worth doing....is worth doing well!

stoked4fishin

What a great trip you guys had!  The weather looked amazing too!  CONGRATS to all!