What drag washers in this reel?

Started by ijlal, December 20, 2010, 09:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toygtr

I took them out and measured them.

3 washers are 26.95 mm diameter, hole in the middle is 9.4mm and the thickness is .8mm.
1 washer is 20.6mm diameter, hole in the middle is 9.4mm and the thickness is .7mm.

Hope this helps people out there. Couldnt get any info on this so measured use calipers. 

Tile

Can you post some pictures of the innards of this reel ?
In solid fiberglass we trust

toygtr

Side of the reel with the drag on it.
Hope this helps mate.

Tile

The drag washers are made from teflon. A carbonfiber upgrade will change the way the drag operates and can give more drag power and range. The reel is excellent for light saltwater work (inshore and estuaries) and medium freshwater work.

toygtr

Yeah i use mine for gummy and school shark and mulloway(jewfish).
Its got a good loud clicker on it, its just the drag was a bit lacking. I use 80lb braid on it and use it in the boat and also on  a surf rod, and it actually casts pretty good with the heavy line on it. But we are using 8oz/12oz sinkers and big baits.

Tile

This one is better than the CLX series from Okuma because the dog post is made from brass and it will not shear off as easily as the graphite in the CLX reels.

Ken_D

Quote from: Ken_D on March 04, 2012, 11:40:46 PM
 I have a schematic request in, to Purefishing UK. I'll report back when I get a reply.

Purefishing UK sent me the schematic. It's one of those classy jobbies where they don't have part numbers,
but ony the reference numbers. The drag is situated in group 40. Lah-dee-dah. And whoop-dee-doo.....  :)

If I knew how to post a pdf file, I would.  

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

toygtr

Got the carbon drag washers, fitted them and they fit perfect.
The drag is soo much better now, alot smoother and pretty much can lock it right up now. Use the power of the 80lb braid on the reel.