Night fishing...?

Started by Aiala, June 07, 2015, 04:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiala

Say, Boss...

Do you anticipate that we will be doing any fishing at night? (I'd love to catch some pargo!) Reason I ask, I'm trying to decide if I should bring some warmer clothes... jacket, etc.   :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Tom McKinney

Last time i was on a trip anchored at cedros i fished until midnight.  Some later.

Reel 224

Quote from: Aiala on June 07, 2015, 04:32:30 PM
Say, Boss...

Do you anticipate that we will be doing any fishing at night? (I'd love to catch some pargo!) Reason I ask, I'm trying to decide if I should bring some warmer clothes... jacket, etc.   :)

~A~

Always be prepared! Bring warm cloths. I know I'm answering a question addressed to Alan and apologize.
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

joel8080

Last year a few nights we were up late making bait, bring sabiki rigs.

Joel 8080
Oceanside,California

Big Tim

Chief got a nice Ray at night, we had a Halibut and several bites at night

Porthos

Quote from: Big Tim on June 07, 2015, 08:33:28 PM

As I recall that evening, Tim, you and Ed provided a very entertaining, vocal, and colorful marathon of smack talk at the stern that kept me chuckling at the bow.  :D

I think Mr. Johnny Walker and "friends" had some responsibility as well... ;)

Big Tim

Quote from: Porthos on June 07, 2015, 08:39:02 PM
Quote from: Big Tim on June 07, 2015, 08:33:28 PM

As I recall that evening, Tim, you and Ed provided a very entertaining, vocal, and colorful marathon of smack talk at the stern that kept me chuckling at the bow.  :D

I think Mr. Johnny Walker and "friends" had some responsibility as well... ;)

ARRRGGH Mate .. I do believe it was the Sailor Jerry in me  ;D

alantani

we will likely spend wednesday night at anchor.  fish all night or sleep all night.  either way is fine.  i typically run on 6 hours of sleep a night for these trips, so i hope to get a little evening fishing in, but i won't stay up all night.  it's too tough on these old bones.  most will take the time to get a solid night's sleep in the middle of this trip, because all other nights we will likely be running. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

SoCalAngler

Sometimes the Humboldts go off at night also. It's a lot of fun catching a few if you have not done so before.

MarkT

I caught a ton of those things (up to 40#) out of Dana Point a few years ago and it's a lot of fun!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Tightlines667

I love jigging squid at night...

That reminds me...

I used to always think the Penn 'Squidder' got its name as it was clearly made for catching squid at night.. something quite popular for you 'left coasters' after the war...

LOL
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Dominick

Something else to pack one of those mini lights.  The ones within which you break the glass and it mixes chemicals to make the contents glow.  Like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/111448036706?lpid=82&chn=ps   Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Reel 224

Quote from: Dominick on June 09, 2015, 06:04:11 PM
Something else to pack one of those mini lights.  The ones within which you break the glass and it mixes chemicals to make the contents glow.  Like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/111448036706?lpid=82&chn=ps   Dominick

Is that one of your investments Dominick? ;D
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Dominick

Quote from: Reel 224 on June 09, 2015, 07:23:42 PM
Quote from: Dominick on June 09, 2015, 06:04:11 PM

Is that one of your investments Dominick? ;D
Ha ha.  I saw the first ones that came out back in the late 60s.  I had a dog who would chase the darn thing in the dark.  It was great fun and made me laugh to see the light bounding toward me.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Doug

There used to be a product called Lunker Lights , a small tube of that stuff  placed just ahead of the bait worked great for night blue fishing. I haven't seen it around much maybe due to pollution issues?  Doug