fishing with the marching band! 6/9/2015

Started by alantani, June 10, 2015, 03:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

fishing with the marching band! 6/9/2015

getting ready for my 5 day trip next week, tons of things to do still, but christina is done with school.  last year, i don't think i got the kids out once.  can't do that again this year.  meed adam, aileen, christina, and alex!

we launched out of half moon bay with curtis (fishhog) and ran down to san gregorio in shallow.  i had run out of dramamine and benadryl, so this is what a 17 year old looks like when he's stoned on chlortrimeton.  adam was the first to score on a ling cod.

miss perky here loves to fish, but she is actually a little scared of these things.  

alex actually just graduated out and was my "go to" guy for most of the day.  

aileen actually caught the most fish for the day.  we stuck an easy limit of 5 blacks each and she caught most of them.  she picked up this one mid-day at pescsdero.

brought my neighbor, jeff, along as a second "responsible" adult.  we had our hands full getting christina's friends set up because they had never fished before.  once they figured out the routine, jeff got a chance to fish himself and stuck this one at pescadero.

the day is not finished until the cover is back on the boat.  being typical city kids, this was probably the most work they've ever done in one day.  we cleaned fish back at the dock, drove home. cleaned and covered the boat, and had fish tacos with more of their friends at the house.  the parents all got fresh fish, and so did four families in my neighborhood. all in all, a day well spent.  

now to get packing for that trip.....

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Reel 224

Looks like an exciting and fun day, everyone has a fish,can't ask for more then that. ;D
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

steelfish

now this is what fishing is all about, congrats Alan.

The Baja Guy

theswimmer

That looks like Great Fun!
I love surf fishing along the San Mateo coast. That whole area holds a special place in my heart.
My Great, Great, Great, Great Grandfather is buried in the old Catholic cemetery in Pescadero.
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

newfuturevintage

Saw this on the NCKA board a little while ago, looks like it was a great time out!

El Pescador

Quote from: theswimmer on June 10, 2015, 04:04:12 PM
I love surf fishing along the San Mateo coast. That whole area holds a special place in my heart.
My Great, Great, Great, Great Grandfather is buried in the old Catholic cemetery in Pescadero.

theswimmer!!!

Pescadero!  What a great little town, next time you are here surf fishing, let us know and we will meet you at...  Where Else???

Duarte's Tavern!

for anything Artichoke,

Abalone Sandwich,

Crab cioppino  &  Petrale Sole - The best in the County,

and for dessert, their award winning Olallieberry Pie with ice cream.

Also, what year did your Grandfather raised to the power of 4 pass on???

We have family history on my Great Great Grandfather, but that is about as far as we can go in the history books.

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

theswimmer

Wayne! Dude!
Duartes, MMMMMMM......Artichoke stuffed sourdough.
I'll meet you there anytime!

Philippe Armas passed on May 8 1876. His first name is Anglicized on the marker.

Philippe and his brother Joaquin were orphans who helped build both the    
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission_San_Carlos_Borromeo_de_Carmelo
and the    
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission_Santa_Cruz.
They were both friends with Father Junipero Serra and helped maintain the Santa Cruz Mission in his absence. They also built the wooden church in 1858 to replace the church destroyed by the Fort Tejon earthquake of 1857,

They were both cattle ranchers in the Pescadero area holding one of the earliest Spanish land grants in the area.
Philippe also built the original school house there.

Later Philippe became the first envoy to the  Hawaiian Islands, he and Joaquin serving primarily as advisors to
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamehameha_V  
in matters regarding cattle ranching.

Both took Hawaiian wives while there, with Joaquin living out his life in Hawaii and  Grandpa Philippe and his bride returning to the Pescadero area to raise two daughters and continue to cattle ranch until his death.

I have been working on a book of his life for about 5 years now.
It will be done someday :D

There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

Errol Flynn

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Taking out the kids to fish is fun.  You're a good man Alan Tani.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.