Wondering if...

Started by Aiala, June 09, 2015, 02:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiala

...there will be any fishing on Monday (especially late since the days are so long now), or will it all be seminar, gear prep, etc?   :)

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

sundaytrucka

I hope so, maybe run through a couple bluefin boils on the way down...depending on how that storm down south acts, we may be staying up here, purely conjecture on my part, but I do not know the common protocol on running through storms.

Anybody else familiar with how the fleet deals with storms, possibly tropical storms?
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

MarkT

I think we tried offshore on Monday afternoon last year. However, BFT is closed in Mexico. Besides, don't you know, they're all on our side of the border! My son put in about 100 miles on the water yesterday and only saw a few and they gave him the fin and sunk out.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

alantani

chances are it will a straight shot down the coast.  any time lost on monday will cost us on tuesday. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Tom McKinney

Ii was looking at iSailor and San Martin is just off the chart I have at about 180 miles IIFC. Which means if we clear the point at noon and steam for 8 hrs at 10 knots, we have sunrise on the  grounds that have recently had yellows (before the stom) and historically IIRC has been a good place to fish and 10 hours or a night passage away from Cedros where we can fish Wednesday etc.

Can't wait to try the unexplored, low pressure kelp beds that may exist between Cedros and San Martin on the way back.

MarkT

I was below San Martin at the high spot over Memorial Day weekend on a 2 1/2 day and we were getting YT there along with the Royal Star and the Independence.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!