San Pedro Special / Big Tim's Fishing Adventure Part II?

Started by theswimmer, June 17, 2015, 04:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theswimmer

Looks like the boat is up and running.
I know that several of us rolled our trips over rather than taking a refund.
Do we want to start comparing dates and see what works for a rerun of  Big Tim's Fishing Adventure?
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Big Tim

Quote from: theswimmer on June 17, 2015, 04:36:31 PM
Looks like the boat is up and running.
I know that several of us rolled our trips over rather than taking a refund.
Do we want to start comparing dates and see what works for a rerun of  Big Tim's Fishing Adventure?

I can go in July? I may still need a ride, the finances are coming together nicely...Damn the IRS...I want to fish soon or I may forget how to  ;D I also have a thought of the Channel Islands while they are still killing it down there.

Big Tim

theswimmer

I have to help a buddy move a boat to Hawaii from SF the week of the 18th.
Should take about 10 days max, other than that I'm open.
Anyone besides Big Tim?
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

I got the ride Tim. I live at Shaver.
Mama got a 35 mpg skate
board for Xmas  last year.

Errol Flynn

Big Tim

Quote from: theswimmer on June 22, 2015, 02:49:07 AM
I got the ride Tim. I live at Shaver.
Mama got a 35 mpg skate
board for Xmas  last year.

I'm a little big for a skate board  ;D ;D ;D ;D but if the Santa Fe aint done by time we go I will gladly strap on some pads and roll with ya

El Pescador

BigTim & theswimmer,

I had such a great time in Morro Bay for our day of rockfishing, I will be back with my wife in tow for Aug. 21-23.
Rick (who was unable to go on our trip) and his wife are joining us, and Rick and I will fish Sunday, Aug. 23.

Also, my wife collects Press-a-pennies, and in the area between Morro Bay, SLO, Santa Maria, Paso Robles, there are MANY Press-a-penny Machines for my wife to collect pennies and add to her collection.  Currently, Jennifer has 500+ press-a-pennies, and our trip in Aug. will add another 50 pennies at least.

http://www.pennycollector.com/Locations.aspx?area=45

Once you get locked on your date, I'll check my calendar to see if I can make it back to MB!!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Dominick

Easier to put a penny on the railroad tracks.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bryan Young

Quote from: Dominick on June 22, 2015, 03:18:03 PM
Those are just flat pennies... ;)

Wayne, Have Jennifer take my wife and kids...They love press pennies.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

theswimmer

I have a young lady friend who got charged with a felony for putting a penny on the ATSF track.

Errol Flynn

El Pescador

Quote from: Bryan Young on June 22, 2015, 03:24:37 PM
Easier to put a penny on the railroad tracks.  Dominick

Sure Bryan!  I'll make sure to bring back some Press-a-pennies back for your wife and Kids!!!

BTW, Jennifer ONLY uses pennies minted before 1982, the copper went from 95% to 5% during that year.

http://www.usmint.gov/about_the_mint/fun_facts/?action=fun_facts2

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Reel 224

As a young man I lived where the RR ran behind our home. We used to put pennies on the track all the time, we thought that was the cats meow....trying to keep it clean! Wish I had those pennies today before we flattened them, they would probably be worth something today.
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

TomT

As a youngster, we used to try the penny on the RR track but they usually vibrated off.  So we would stick them on with some used chewing gum.  Often wondered what happened to those flattened pennies???  ;) ;D  I know we all heard the threats of putting things on the RR tracks, but I have never even heard of someone having problems with putting pennies on the tracks--they probably weren't very sneaky if they got caught. ;)
TomT

Dominick

I remember the squashed pennies.  Old Abe looked like a cone head.  :D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

theswimmer

Quote from: TomT on June 23, 2015, 03:59:04 AM
As a youngster, we used to try the penny on the RR track but they usually vibrated off.  So we would stick them on with some used chewing gum.  Often wondered what happened to those flattened pennies???  ;) ;D  I know we all heard the threats of putting things on the RR tracks, but I have never even heard of someone having problems with putting pennies on the tracks--they probably weren't very sneaky if they got caught. ;)
TomT

Ex Sister inlaw,
Not very sneaky, 3am at Maroa just south of Shields
( Semi famous Fresno undercrossing )
Drunk and Disorderly as well.
For once , I missed that adventure😁

Errol Flynn

Bryan Young

Quote from: El Pescador on June 22, 2015, 03:42:39 PM
Quote from: Bryan Young on June 22, 2015, 03:24:37 PM

Sure Bryan!  I'll make sure be bring some Press-a-pennies back for your wife and Kids!!!

BTW, Jennifer ONLY uses pennies minted before 1982, the copper went from 95% to 5% during that year.

http://www.usmint.gov/about_the_mint/fun_facts/?action=fun_facts2

Wayne

No...take my wife and kids so I can go fishing with you guys.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D