Penn/ Newell parts compatibility?

Started by cooper669, June 24, 2015, 01:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Decker

Newell 447/540 bars, base, and clamp...   will these fit a Penn 500 or some other Penn model?   Thank you!

Yogi_fish808

The bars might be able to bolt on but I don't think the holes on a 400 series base match up with a jigmaster plate. What spool were you planning to use? 338 bars/base will bolt right onto a 500 jigmaster though, same width as stock.

Aloha,
Kyle

vilters

I believe the 400/500 series base is the same size as penn 4/0, not sure of the fit though.

eguinn

I think the 540 bars have the same hole pattern as the squidder series, if my old memory severs me correctly you could replace the bars on a 533 with bars with squidder bars, they where a direct bolt on.

Decker

Caseymcv

Are the bearing caps on a 220 and a 322 the same?

Swami805

Yes, the bearing caps on all of them are the same as long as it's a model with one on each side. The ones with only a cap on the clicker side are different
Do what you can with that you have where you are

nelz

Are Newell and Penn handles compatible?

Swami805

Sort of, it takes some filing to get a penn handle on a newell. A newell handle doesn't fit on a penn unless you tap a hole for the keeper screw. I have one newell with a shimano trinidad handle on it, took some filing though but it's nice having the offset handle.

nelz

Thanks Swami.

Btw, do you know if stock Jigmaster 500 gears will fit a Newell 332 without modification?

nelz

Quote from: nelz on June 15, 2020, 09:39:30 PMBtw, do you know if stock Jigmaster 500 gears will fit a Newell 332 without modification?

So... nobody can answer this?

Newell Nut

Ron Jones

I think that is what Bryan showed earlier. The Newell 2/3/400 reel 5:1 gears will fit a Jigmaster and Penn 4:1 gears fit a Newell. Also, I don't think the 30-99 fits any Newells. The frame that fits is the 30-66, same width but two holes. If I am wrong then tell me to shut up.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

MarkT

Penn 4:1 gears are Jigmaster 500 gears, right?  505/506 are 5:1.  You can put those Jigmaster 500 4:1 gears in a Newell 200/300/400?
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Swami805

I think there's something with the pinion gear that has to be addressed to get those gears to work. The ring maybe?