Washer thickness on the 5+1 & 7+1 kits for 113h

Started by Fishead, June 10, 2023, 11:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishead

Are the carbon fiber washers in these kits the same thickness as the standard carbon fiber washers with the stainless washers being thinner to make them fit?
If you're not fishing,you're wishing you were!!

oldmanjoe

Basically yes for the 5 stack , than it might change with thinner carbon and thinner ss to make the 7 stack .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Brewcrafter

Actually the 7 stack uses a mixture of CF thicknesses. - john

Bryan Young

Quote from: Fishead on June 10, 2023, 11:07:29 PMAre the carbon fiber washers in these kits the same thickness as the standard carbon fiber washers with the stainless washers being thinner to make them fit?
Hello Fishead,

The Penn 5-stack drag kits use the same HT-100 thicknesses.  I don't think you can make a 7-stack by using stock metal washers by adjusting the carbon fibre thicknesses.  My basis is becuase in my 7-stack drag kit, my metal washers are thinner than the Penn stock metal washers and I have a mix of thicknesses of Carbontex washers, all of which are less than the HT-100 stock carbon fibre washers.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Fishead

If you're not fishing,you're wishing you were!!