Penn's 704, 705, 706, 747, 757, 750SS, 850SS, 7500SS, and 8500SS Drag Kits

Started by Bryan Young, June 24, 2015, 03:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Quote from: fsrmn on July 16, 2015, 01:05:35 AM
Do you have anything for the 6500ss?

I have them drawn up but have not produced as of yet.  I just spent well over $6k in the past 3 months on additional drag washer kits and have to recoup some funds before I can order additional sizes.

Sorry.
Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

fsrmn

No problem. The 600H drags worked so well I thought I'd ask. I will wait ::) ::) ::) ;D
Not all fishing is done with rod and reel.

LTM

Quote from: Bryan Young on July 16, 2015, 04:13:34 AM
I just spent well over $6k in the past 3 months on additional drag washer kits and have to recoup some funds before I can order additional sizes.

Sorry.
Bryan
By any chance does this include something for the Daiwa's?

Alto Mare

Although the 750ssm is a different reel from the 750ss, the kit should work as well. They both share the same spool.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Marcq

Bryan Young

Hi Marc,

I do have these drag kits in stock. How many do you need?  PayPal or would you rather send me a check?

Thank you.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

handi2

I have installed them in the in the SS reels, 750 to 850, the SSM reels 750 to 850, the 700 series reels, 704 and 706. All of them fit perfectly and the 7500 and 8500 are included.

The drag is much higher than stock and the drag knob will tighten quicker to max drag. I recommend the newer style drag knobs. Their much stronger and won't crack like the older ones.

Thanks Bryan..!!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Marcq

Quote from: Bryan Young on March 04, 2016, 11:33:05 PM
Hi Marc,

I do have these drag kits in stock. How many do you need?  PayPal or would you rather send me a check?

Thank you.

Bryan
One kit Bryan, Paypal, do you have my email?

Marc..

Marcq

Quote from: handi2 on March 05, 2016, 12:04:57 AM
I have installed them in the in the SS reels, 750 to 850, the SSM reels 750 to 850, the 700 series reels, 704 and 706. All of them fit perfectly and the 7500 and 8500 are included.

The drag is much higher than stock and the drag knob will tighten quicker to max drag. I recommend the newer style drag knobs. Their much stronger and won't crack like the older ones.

Thanks Bryan..!!

I mod a squidder kit to fit my 650ss, they work awsome

Marc..

egreeve

TheReelShop

I have a Penn 750SSM. What drag numbers are being produced as a result from this upgrade?

Bryan Young

Quote from: TheReelShop on February 26, 2017, 04:48:40 AM
I have a Penn 750SSM. What drag numbers are being produced as a result from this upgrade?
I absolutely don't know. I don't push my spinners that hard. Calculations estimate 20% -30% more drag pressure.

ReelFishingProblems

Bryan,

Do you have any of your upgrades drag stacks left for the 704z?

Getting ready to put my project back together and this sounds like a necessary addition.

Nick