Penn's 704, 705, 706, 747, 757, 750SS, 850SS, 7500SS, and 8500SS Drag Kits

Started by Bryan Young, June 24, 2015, 03:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Quote from: ReelFishingProblems on March 11, 2017, 11:21:55 PM
Bryan,

Do you have any of your upgrades drag stacks left for the 704z?

Getting ready to put my project back together and this sounds like a necessary addition.

Nick
Sure do Nick. Please send me a PM with your name, address and phone number and I'll mail them out to you. Please pay me upon receipt.

Thank you

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bryan Young

back in stock.  I was down to 1 kit and with the help of my kids, the kits are back in stock. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Aiala

Bryan, will these work on the vintage greenie 700 & 704 reels?

Thanks!  :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Bryan Young

Marcq

Marcq

Quote from: Marcq on July 10, 2017, 06:03:21 PM
Bryan!! Any kit left for 750ss?

Thanks, Marc..

Hey Bryan!! I couldn't find your kit at MysticParts. Any other place I could find them?

EDIT: Oops found them
Thanks, Marc..

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

scrinch

Dominick

Bryan, I have a Penn Slammer 760 that contains only one drag washer.  Is there a combination that will increase the drag?  As it sits it has max drag of 20lbs which is sufficient.  However like the rest of the crowd here I would like to increase this by at least another 5lbs or more.   Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bryan Young

Quote from: scrinch on February 21, 2018, 12:58:13 AM
Bryan, did you ever get any made to fit the 6500ss?

I decided not to because the Stock drag is more than sufficient and second is that parts are hard to find. Even donor reels of decent shape to cannibalizes are also hard to find.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Bryan Young on February 21, 2018, 05:09:43 AM
Quote from: scrinch on February 21, 2018, 12:58:13 AM
Bryan, did you ever get any made to fit the 6500ss?

I decided not to because the Stock drag is more than sufficient and second is that parts are hard to find. Even donor reels of decent shape to cannibalizes are also hard to find.
It's not just about having sufficient drag, it's also about smoothness. there are plenty of us having these reels, I think you should offer us some.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

handi2

That Slammer drag is pretty darn good as it is. Those reels are built very well.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Benni3

PacRat

I'm with Sal on the 650ss. How many pre-orders would you need to do a run? I'm only good for two (2) sets but we likely have enough members that would be interested.
-Mike

Bryan Young

Maybe Keta can help you guys out with 650SSs. For me, to get a decent price, I would need to cut at least 300 sets of 5 metal washers. I don't think I could sell 300 sets. I haven't even sold 100 sets of these drag kits, and this drag kit covers a wide range of reels.  The 650SS will likely be much less.

PacRat

You're right...300 would be difficult. In that case I will need to find Sal's thread about using hex carbon washers and round keyed stainless washers.
Thanks