another marching band trip - 6/23/2015

Started by alantani, June 24, 2015, 07:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

another marching band trip - 6/23/2015

meet dan and ethan.  you already know christina and aileen.

joey is now designated deckhand. 

we had a small craft advisory today, but the "point and click" weather report said otherwise.  time to go fishing!

first drop, first fish ever.  note that i did NOT make him eat the heart. 

joey snuck in a cab.

don't let the smile fool you.  ethan is a natural born killer.

i was teaching dan to cast a spinner.  nice fish!

don't forget about the girls!

dan stuck one of the largest cabs i've ever seen.

christina finally got on the big board!

they weren't all big.

aileen, again!

bumpy run home. 

clean up time!

it was another great kid's day on the water.  thanks for coming along for the ride!   
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

swill88

Dominick

Great report.  The kids don't seem excitable.  That makes for good fishermen/women.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

thorhammer

alantani

thanks!  the 5 day SOA trip and yesterday's kid's trip have left me so far behind on everything else.  everyone, your patience is appreciated. 

Aiala

Holy catz, Alan. Home for two days and back out fishing already?? Wow... lucky you! I don't leave for 18 weeks... from today, actually. :D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

johndtuttle

Steve-O

Super report, Alan!

Love the part in the video where Ethan is hauling up that Jumbo Cabezon and gives the Charlie Brown response..."I thought it was a rock" ...he thought he was snagged on the bottom.

Big cabbie wanted to stay down.

Nice hauling! Good eating!

Great memories for all.

Steve

Bryan Young

All I have to say is Lucky Joey and I'm pissed I had to work.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

Great Post Alan! You are a saint. Very patient with those kids.
My next trip, I am going to make it a point to catch something on the mighty Sweepfire! ;)
Life is Good!

theswimmer

Joey , that's a heck of a summer Job!
Nice work if you can get it........
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

steelfish

nice report Alan,

what reels do you have as loaners for the kids?

for my kidos I normally have spinners or casting with levelwind
The Baja Guy

Bryan Young

Alan is using those Daiwas, 27LC with 50# or 65# braid (I forget), with his signature handles and SS arms on Travala rods.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

actually, they are the smaller daiwa 17 lca's with 50# braid.  the trevalas are nice because of the long forgrip, which did not seem to help in daniel's case.  he was still able to break the handle drive shaft with all the wild cranking he did. 

steelfish

thanks, thats why I couldnt reconize the reel, the LC mounting make it difficult

looks like a nice reel for the kids

The Baja Guy