fisherman's warehouse hmb farewell to curtis - 7/1/2015

Started by alantani, July 02, 2015, 05:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

fisherman's warehouse hmb farewell to curtis - 7/1/2015

curtis, the current manager at fisherman's warehouse in san jose is taking another job.  in thanks, i decided to take him out for a rockcod trip today.  we had a great crew today - me, bryan young, jon vadney, joey fortina and curtis!  it was REALLY foggy this morning!

we stuck an easy limit of blacks, a few coppers, five cabezon and 13 lingcod.  it was a smokin' hot bite!

great day on the water.  curtis, good luck with your new job!!!!!

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

No matter how busy life can get. You have to make time to fish! Well done Boss. ;) With Gassho! ;D
Life is Good!

Steve-O

Nice Ling!  Great report with a good bunch of anglers. Always enjoy your reports and seeing the personal safety gear being worn while motoring.

Reel 224

Even a bad day on the water beats a good day at work. Looks like your day was OUTSTANDING!!
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

steelfish

cool, nice trip.

I wish I could spend that much time on the water like some of you guys.

whats the difference on a Cabezon and lincod?

The Baja Guy

Bryan Young

We were all having way too much fun to take pictures...sorry. 

The biggest fish for the day was the ringer on board...Alan of course.  It was caught on a dual shrimp fly rig each with it's own live bait of freshly caught rock cod.  It was soaking down there while we were eating and talking.  Then Alan decided to check it because there was very little movement of the rod.  While he was reeling it up, he said he thinks he has a ling cod and slowly cranked that puppy up...and low and behold, it was a monster in out waters today...probably a 15# male.

Alan once again proves that baited shrimp flies out fishes anything else.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

yeah, i knew there were rockfish on the hook already, but i was too lazy to pull them up and we were limited out on black rockfish anyway, so i just let them hang there for a while.  when i started reeling them up, i told vadney, "um, this is a little embarrassing, but i might have third fish on the line.  would you grab a gaff?" 

Newell Nut

It is great to be on the water and even sweeter when the fish are biting. We bombed over here today.

swill88

Quote from: Bryan Young on July 02, 2015, 08:06:27 PM
Alan once again proves that baited shrimp flies out fishes anything else.

What color files?

alantani