Displays, Cabinets, Plinths & Such

Started by Tightlines667, July 08, 2015, 07:55:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Very nice Aiala. I'll try to help you out with some extra room, I'll take that little greenie, that should give you room for one more ;) ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

coastal_dan

Aiala - Beautiful set up!  Thanks for sharing

As far as the 'Jaws' Kitchen, that was photo from the interwebs so that doesn't belong to the guy I know (he has that one cabinet full and enough to fill another!).
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Aiala

Quote from: Alto Mare on September 01, 2015, 11:36:22 PM
Very nice Aiala. I'll try to help you out with some extra room, I'll take that little greenie, that should give you room for one more ;) ;D.

Now Sal, we both know that you could whip together an exact same greenie in less time than it would take me to sneeze.  ::)   ;)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Bob Colclough

Quote from: Tightlines666 on July 17, 2015, 10:12:51 PM
Dan,

Thats what I'm talking about :)
Thanks Dan for sharing my cabinet and I have finally made it here!  :D

thorhammer

Just catching back up on this thread....wow is all I can say. I have a simple glass case with some old stuff in it, but anything that is usable is sticked or in line to get one.

Daron, I don't see your promised photo. We gots to see that heavy metal line up!

Shark Hunter

I will get to it. That is a half day chore! ;)
Life is Good!

thorhammer

Understand perfectly. A half a day that could be better spent adding another build, I'm thinking!

Penn Chronology

As requested by Mr. Dan, I am going to try to get Photobucket to cooperate for long enough to get this posted. My little transition to the other side of the room is now complete.

Here is where I started, stuck in the corner of a room not set up for Fishing Tackle display. The shelves were too deep, causing most of the boxed reels to be stuck behind the unboxed reels. Being that my Senior Moments are happening at a higher rate these days, I need a change. I was forgetting what I owned:

So, I bought some good old American Pine and built a simple wall unit that I felt would allow me to see what I have. It started with the rod rack built behind the door. I added a small white rubber bumper to prevent the door from smashing into the rods during one of my crazy, wild parties ::):

Then the shelving moves down the wall about 8 feet until I run out of room. These shelves are only about 7 inches deep and 4 1/4 inches high. That size allow for almost all reels up to 4/0. The top shelf is one inch taller than the others to allow for a bit larger reels and 12 oz. cans of beer.

The wall ends at my glass cabinet where I store all my serious collectible reels and the small liquor bottles out of the view of all those that would not want me to partake in those types of refreshments.

We now have traveled full circle an arrived back where we started. A really short trip around my 11 feet of new tackle wall.

The corner where this started now looks somewhat abandoned now; but it will not take long to fill the shelves with other things that need to come out of storage. I have spent many hours in that corner and will spend many more; but, at least I can now find some of my stuff.

Alto Mare

Gorgeous display Mike. I need to drive up and spend a couple of hours taking it all in.
Thanks for sharing.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Penn Chronology

QuoteGorgeous display Mike. I need to drive up and spend a couple of hours taking it all in.

Thanks Sal. What I really need is to have a tour around the Penn Plant and while we are there, I would like to have someone open the Glass cabinet in the lobby and turn around the black closed face spinning reel sitting on top of the 420 box. That reel is not supposed to exist in that color and has many of us obsessed collectors wondering about it and what model number, if any, is on the other side of the reel.

Here is the full set of rare closed face spinners in their normal colors:

And here is the problem child that is not supposed to exist, yet it sits in the Penn Plant lobby display:

So, you are welcome in my cave anytime you like. We could spend hours talking about the ins and outs of Penn reels and other brands. Soon I will have a new truck. I would like my first trip to be to the Penn Plant...............................................<:O)

coastal_dan

Mike- I live just up the street from the plant.  If a tour ever gets set up I would love to piggy back.  I've sent a few emails but no luck :(.  Also, mandatory lunch at Delasandros cheesesteaks with a Peroni to wash it down.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

sdlehr

Guys, I'll be up in May and would also love to tour the plant. If anyone sets this up, please keep me in mind.... and Dan, I plan to meet Sal on this trip - would love to share a bottle of vino with you, too. It would be great to tour the Penn plant and then go out to dinner. Maybe we can set up a class trip!

Sid
SE FL
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

thorhammer

I'm in on the tour, the Peronis and vino if it doesnt make things crowded.

Reel 224

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."