Displays, Cabinets, Plinths & Such

Started by Tightlines667, July 08, 2015, 07:55:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

Tommy...your Cardinal collection makes my legs shaky! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Army_of_One

Quote from: Shark Hunter on December 19, 2017, 05:27:19 AM
Alright Guys, Hold onto your hats.
The Dom Display! :o

Thank you for posting those Daron.  Dom, that's one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen!  You have as much detail in the display as you do in what's displayed.  You have to come of the stained glass hookup!  ;D
Another day in Paradise!

Shark Hunter

Quote from: thorhammer on December 20, 2017, 02:23:55 AM
Dom, how about a close up of Big Red.....lot of new members probably haven't had that pleasure...

Chris get ready to change drawers again...
Ask, and ye shall receive. ;)
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

Last one.
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Midway Tommy

Thanks guys! Yes, my wife is a sweetheart, and gift from God! What makes it even better is she also loves to fish!  ;D

Dom, that is one great looking cabinet and collection.  8)

There's a space on the bottom shelf of the curio for a ABU Cardinal 70 that I still don't have. They are a cheaper made version that was only sold in Europe and a little tough to find over here, and there's a little room on the top shelf for a couple of US made Zebco Omegas that I have but haven't cleaned & serviced yet, but yes, Sal, they are packed in there plenty tight. Once those spaces are filled there won't be room for any more. If they breathed they would probably suffocate.  ;)

Brett, I've got a couple more of the Japanese made 6 & 7 hundreds that need to be gone through to fill the space on the bottom shelf of the right cabinet. I especially like the "fish" boxes they came in, more so than the reels themselves. I think those boxes are really pretty and unique.

Steve,  :-*  ;D    
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

54bullseye

Is the red 9/0 Senator a one of a kind or were there more ?   John Taylor

Penn Chronology

QuoteIs the red 9/0 Senator a one of a kind or were there more ?   John Taylor

So far it is the only one I have seen.

broadway

Thanks for posting the photos of Big Red, Daron.
Chris, you may have seen it with the butterscotch handle that it originally came with, which may be why you're asking if it's a one-off?  I put the red handle on for obvious reason (it looks right) but I still have the original handle that I bought with it just in case.
Once I figure out how to post photos from my mac after the holidays I'll get some more detailed photos up of some of my special babies.
Dom

STRIPER LOU

Boy, that's a SWEETIE Dom. Its the only one I've ever seen. Looks like it has a great home next to all its brothers and sisters!

................Lou

Maxed Out

That red handle knob really could have been the original one.....it was all up to whoever assembled it, as the assembler would normally have several colors to choose from back in the day.

Most the red tinted knobs had swirl patterns, but the solid blood red color of the knob is not common at all and is absolutely perfect for big red !! I never get tired of gazing at that beauty. Thanks Dom and Daron for sharing

Merry Christmas to the Ohana !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Maxed Out

Lol, how can anyone respectively follow such an iconic reel as the red apple 9/0 ??

Back to ground zero for the rest of us. I just got myself an old pre war line dryer and it is humongous....I always wanted one and now my quest is over. Here I put a 2/0 senator in front for size comparison
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"