Displays, Cabinets, Plinths & Such

Started by Tightlines667, July 08, 2015, 07:55:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deepfins

4 of 5
"As for me, I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas, and land on barbarous coasts."

--Herman Melville, Moby-Dick

Deepfins

Last one, 5 of 5.

BTW, I only live an hour's drive from Jalama Beach.  Grew up diving there in the 70's, and still camp there, occasionally.  Probably one of the nicest parks in California.
"As for me, I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas, and land on barbarous coasts."

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

swill88

John, John, John... nothing more can be said.  Thank you!

Hope we can fish out of Morro Bay with Randy this year. Then....go to your house.

Steve

Alto Mare

Simply amazing, John! I would love to visit that room some day.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Penn Chronology

Well John, I knew as soon as you said you were going to post pictures of your room, everyone here was in for a special treat. You have one of the best displays I have ever seen. Your taste in tackle is world class.

The word awesome, sort of opens the door of description of your display and of course, your coffee table is a museum piece of Tycoon Tackle. Every time I see it I am reminded of this page from The Tycoon Tackle Story history book of Tycoon Tackle.

Maxed Out

Wow, very cool family legacy you have going. The historical facts are seldom found with these old treasures.

Is that a real fighting chair from back in the day ?? .....beyond that I'm speechless  :o  :o

Edit: I see several photo of the month candidates here

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Darin Crofton

What an amazing thread! Being a somewhat newbie still on this site I'm blown away every time I look through one of these older post.
I think it will be a year or two before I go through them all. I'm very grateful I found this place! Darin
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

54bullseye

Quote from: Alto Mare on November 03, 2018, 09:16:06 PM
Simply amazing, John! I would love to visit that room some day.

Sal

Sal I have sat there and it's better in person !!! He has added quite a few things since I was there mostly Kovalovsky reels BIG ONES !!! John if you read this I am glad to see my reel still present the one with the two handles !   John Taylor

Deepfins

Thanks, everyone!

Steve, you're welcome in my home, anytime!  Yes, we need to get together with Randy and go fishing, again!

Sal, I have an annual June BBQ every year at my house.  All tackle collectors are invited.  I also invite a lot of my spearfishing and fishing friends.  Everyone brings tackle to sell/trade/show off.  Wives and kids are welcome.  We always have a good time.  I post an announcement every year on the ORCA board.  Next year, I will include Tani.  Would love to have you join us!

Ted, yes, that is an old fighting chair made by the Matthews Company out of Ohio, a major builder of boats back in the day.

Neat picture, Mike!  That set of Tycoon rods in the case were custom made for John Olin, of Olin Corp/Winchester fame.  Each rod is inscribed with his name.

John Taylor, now what reel with two handles could you possibly be referring to??!!  ;)

broadway

World Class!  I obviously love the rods and reels (actually speechless), but can really appreciate your use of space to display that one of a kind collection. 
Photo of the month x2
Thanks for showing us some amazing, historical tackle and how to display it,
Dom

Swami805

Wow, that's an incredible collection. I was talking to Randy about fishing in Morro Bay in the next month or so before rockfish closes. Hope we can put something together. I'm about an hour south from Jalama.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Dominick

It takes a lot to make me speechless.  I am stunned.  Thanks John.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

1badf350

You sure have a lot of (glass) balls. They look good too!
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"