Displays, Cabinets, Plinths & Such

Started by Tightlines667, July 08, 2015, 07:55:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farmer Mike

Here is what I did with 2X6's top shelf - Long Beach, then Senators,  Surfmaster, Baymasters and Squidders,  Talls in one section (249, 49, 130),  level winds and jigmasters. ...

About 2/3 of the standard style numbered reels! Although there seems to be a never ending variation of capacity and modals in the early productions so this project will probably never be completed.

Attempting 1 of each.. 

It's a sickness with no vaccine!

broadway

Hey, whatever works to get them outta the "old ladies" hair.
My kitchen cabinets were full till I got my display set up.
Nice job, and good luck on your illness... it's chronic ;)
Best,
Dom

mo65

I agree with Dom...it's chronic...HA!! I've been collecting 12 years, maybe longer, and still don't have one of each model! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Shellbelly

We picked this cabinet up at an estate sale.  I was planning on building a display and had started milling some cypress but that project is on hold now.  I'll get glass shelves and add interior lights soon.

Old furniture (what I call old) is going pretty cheap these days.  "The kids" don't care for it..they like mid-century-modern stuff....which is old to them. 
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

xjchad

Beautiful collections and displays everyone!  8)
Husband, Father, Fisherman

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

sabaman1

JIM

Paul Roberts