Antique and collectable fishing tools

Started by Tightlines667, July 19, 2015, 01:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

Thought I'd start a thread on antique or collectable fishing tools such as gaffs, bats, bouys, nets, and anything else old and fishing related.  I don't actually own anything (other then maybe an old radio direction finder we used to navigate over the horizon before Loran C., and an old sextant (both of which are in storage).  I have seens some pretty cool old vintage downriggers, gaffs, harpoons, and the like. 

For instance here is a Vom Hofe flying gaff...

http://m.ebay.com/itm/111720615531

Feel free to share any photos.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

jonnou

like the new avatar.
its finaly stopped raining :D

Penn Chronology

QuoteThought I'd start a thread on antique or collectable fishing tools such as gaffs, bats, bouys, nets, and anything else old and fishing related.  I don't actually own anything (other then maybe an old radio direction finder we used to navigate over the horizon before Loran C., and an old sextant (both of which are in storage).  I have seens some pretty cool old vintage downriggers, gaffs, harpoons, and the like. 

For instance here is a Vom Hofe flying gaff...

Great Idea and a fine compliment to any collection. vom Hofe items are a great start. One of the reasons that vom Hofe gear is so much fun to accumulate is that it is all identified. Even their hooks have their name stamped into the pieces. They made harpoons, gaffs, hooks, lures, etc.

I will post some catalog shots when I get a bit of time.

Penn Chronology

OK, I am back with a couple of vom Hofe catalog scans from the 1941 Ocean City catalog. In 1941, Ocean City was distributing what was left of the Edward vom Hofe empire.

Here are two pages of vom Hofe gear from that catalog. Great stuff to add to a display;

Most reel makers also made accessories, I would think there is an endless supply of items. The classic makers also have to added incentive of value to your collection.