Canada Walleye Fishing

Started by Wally15, July 22, 2015, 10:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wally15

Just got back from a week fishing in Canada (Ontario). Had a really good week, caught over 200 walleye (best 24.5") and 30+ Northern Pike (best 28"). Been going there the past 8 years, and other than the 1500 mile drive from S GA it's a wonderful fishing experience. Crazy weather up there though, the high on Sunday 7/12 was 80 and the high on Tuesday 7/14 was 49.
In the past month I've fished Cedros off Baja Mexico, the Gulf of Mexico, Lake Eufaula, AL, and now Ontario. I think I'm finally getting the handle on this retirement gig.
Mike Pate
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Shark Hunter

Nice Walleye Wally!
1500 miles! Whewee! I can drive to Florida and back from Kentucky and its still only 1400.
200 Walleye is a lot of fish. I guess you will be eating good. ;D
Life is Good!

Keta

Lots of miles, lots of fish....NICE.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Wally15

Quote from: Shark Hunter on July 22, 2015, 11:47:29 AM
Nice Walleye Wally!
1500 miles! Whewee! I can drive to Florida and back from Kentucky and its still only 1400.
200 Walleye is a lot of fish. I guess you will be eating good. ;D

It's almost all Catch and Release. Too much hassle to keep them cold, get them through border checks, etc. 6 guys just bring in enough for dinner 4 nights during the week. 17-18" walleye are the best eaters. It's more about the friendships and raunchy banter (sort of a mini SOA trip  ;D), the photo ops with nice fish, the float plane flight in and out in a 1952 Dehavilland Beaver (love those radials), and the flora and fauna. Saw a moose and her calf, a dozen or so bald eagles, two enormous real beavers that must have weighed 50 lbs. And the sunsets and the haunting cry of a loon.
It takes a whole lot of that to hurt me.
Then there are the billions of mosquitos to drag you back into reality.
Walleye Wally
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Doug

Nice Wally Thanks for taking us along .A whole lot of fishing in one month . 1500 miles one way makes me feel like a wus I complain about having to drive under 70 miles  to get to the ocean. Doug