#27 Tension Cam and #30 Tension Cam Washer stuck on a BX400N - ideas?

Started by Jon_Kol, July 28, 2015, 09:53:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon_Kol

Hi everyone!

I was sent a reel to look at, and this one has been through a few things. The reel itself doesn't feel that bad, I had to work on the AR bearing for a few hours as it was full of rust and every pin was stuck. Got that working fine, but now I've found something that I'm not sure how to solve:

The #27 Tension Cam and #30 Tension Cam Washer is stuck together. Anyone experienced this? I'm not sure how much pressure is adviceable to use, but it's a tricky part to seperate as there is little room to gain some leverage. When I put the reel back together (it was sent partly dismantled) it's not possible to engage the lever - as the #27 Tension Cam and #30 Tension Cam Washer won't allow the lever to go past the Free clickbutton - you can see the two parts (jointed together) starting to lift outward if the lever is attempted engaged. So I stopped there, for obvious reasons..

Any ideas? This reel was once submerged from what I'm told, so it could be that something has really taken hold of the sides and therefor I cannot get the two parts seperated. There is no movement in the Tension Cam, it's all stuck.

Every input is appreciated - as always. Thanks!

-Jon-

Jon_Kol

321 views, but no comments.. looks like I'm done for on this one. :D

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Jon_Kol

It should be this one:

http://www.accuratefishing.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/bx.ipb_1.pdf

From what I see, the two parts are designed to be taken apart. The state that this part of the reel is in now, makes it impossible to turn the knob.

Jon_Kol

These parts are stuck together and I'm not sure how to sort it out.

REK

Turn clock wise to separate the two parts.

Also...the reel might have that "short throw" feature. Might have to turn the parts in a different position to get the lever to slide from free to full instead of free to stop button.

Bryan Young

Sometime I had to use my rubber coated jaw pliers to unscrew them
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Jon_Kol

Forgot to post an update from a few days back - I was able to seperate the two parts with little trouble after doing the old freezer over night + add hot water to the part the next day. Submerged half of the two parts into hot water directly after taking them out of the freezer, than grabbed hold with a thin towel and turned clockwise on the knob. After two attempts, the knob started turning and the parts seperated without any trouble.