Penn 940 Levelmatic

Started by Stwbkr1, August 05, 2015, 07:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stwbkr1

Hi everyone I am new here. I have a question. I just picked up a new in box penn 940. It came with some kind of dacron line? I'm guessing. what lb test do you guys think this is? Should I fish It or replace with new line?  Any thoughts..

Thank you in advance.

Rancanfish

I've picked up a couple like that in the past. I would guess 30lb. (I don't know though.  ;D).

I just add 30' (feet) of 15lb mono and go fish.  Of course your choice depends on your target.

Good luck!
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Stwbkr1

I probably should of stayed that. Mostly fluke. And occasionally blues and schoolie strikers .
Thank you

Stwbkr1

Stripers I hate this autocorrect. Lol

Penn Chronology

If you fishing with mono, I think 15 # test is plenty, especially for Fluke. I do not feel that Dacron is right for that reel.

Aiala

These are truly magnificent classic Penns. I generally fish them with 12-17 lb mono. They can cast a country mile, but of course their line capacity and retrieve rate is more modest than that of bigger conventionals.

I think it'll be perfect for fluke, blues, jigging weakfish, etcetera. Good luck!  :)

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Stwbkr1

Thank you all I think I am going to strip the Dacron and put 15lb p line. I wasn't sure. I never seen Dacron on those smaller reels.