Rod cases

Started by Lowprofile, August 09, 2015, 01:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowprofile

Didn't see an appropriate place to post this but since a lot of member on here are "landlocked", or so it seems from a brief skim of the forum, I figured you guys might know something.

I'm looking for rod bags/cases. I have two bazooka tubes and they work well for multiple rod transport and shipping to other countries but Im looking for a rod bag or case that will hold up to a 6'6" one piece, if I can get 7 even better, and a side compartment for detachable butts and accessories.

I haven't foung much in the form of larger bags so I'm thinking I'll have to get the made.

Tiddlerbasher

I use a telescopic ski case - holds about 10-12 rods in their bags. It has survived several international flights and is lockable.

Lowprofile

sorry I guess I should specify.

I have tubes for shipping and traveling. I can get 8-12 rods on an airline no problem. I'm looking for individual cases/bags that will protect each rod individually (I know they will be bulky and take up room) while in transport in vehicles and even for storing in the house.

its to protect the rods themselves and keep them concealed. I just want a soft case (or hard tube in a cloth case with pockets) that I can throw over my shoulder and carry down the street, into a hotel, throw in the back of a truck etc. without it being obvious what it is. I've found plenty of cases designed for two piece rods with the case being under 5ft overall. I need 6'6" to 7'.

too many prying eyes and stolen goods these days.

Lowprofile

exactly like the 1st and second. only I need them longer than 5ft. lol. I think im going to track down someone that can make custom gun cases and see what they can do.

thanks for the help and effort.

Doso2222

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181676433648?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Hi, I bought a few from Robert. He's great, he will customize it to any size or color you need. Hope this helps.

Do

Tiddlerbasher

Lowprofile - the rod holdalls indicated are available for 6 1/2 ft rods  - and longer if you look around, what's the "5 ft lol" thing  ???