Yamaha Grease

Started by GuyA, January 05, 2011, 10:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RowdyW

Joe, I got it through Amazon about 3 years ago. It was sold through an auto parts store in Texas.  It will probably last the rest of my life because I'm not in the buisness.      Rudy

Reel 224

Thank's Rudy. I'll check it out for my use, if it's as good as cal's then I use it.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Reel 224

Here is were I found it.https://www.mcmaster.com/marine-grease mcmaster car is close to me here.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

RowdyW

Joe, the 16 oz. can that I have is the one on your M-C list #8708T15. Synthetic, Teflon w/Lithium Thickener. The color is listed as white but is actually tan like Cal's.

nelz

Is Yamaha Marine Grease a synthetic?

RowdyW

Reel 224

Rudy: I wish I live closer right now to go over this SOB fix with the 112H DD bridge.

Joe

RowdyW

Patience Joe Patience, you can't solve everything right away. Grab a glass of juice & take a short stroll outside & breath some fresh air to clear your head. I would suggest abandoning trying to redesign the dog. Relocate the pivot pin & then redesign the dog. JMO. Try working with an old stock brass bridge & drill that with any holes you need. I would say that Sal is on the right track.           Rudy

Reel 224

Rudy: That's good advice, I'll go at it tomorrow. Glass of Juice ;D ;D that's a good one. I drink Scotch ;) Joe

RowdyW

But scotch won't clear your head. Save that for when the job is done.  (I'm a Captain Morgan man myself).  ;D

Reel 224

Quote from: RowdyW on February 15, 2019, 03:59:02 AM
But scotch won't clear your head. Save that for when the job is done.  (I'm a Captain Morgan man myself).  ;D

It seems that all you Navy guys like Captain Morgan. By the way. Why are you up so late?

Joe

RowdyW

I'm not up late. This is the middle of my day. I'm a night owl. Whoo Whoo!  Yo Ho Ho and a barrel of rum!

Reel 224

Okay anchor clinker, I'm off to pick up my order from McMasters Car. Scotch on the rocks.....Joe 

Gobi King

Quote from: nelz on February 14, 2019, 09:12:44 PM
Is Yamaha Marine Grease a synthetic?

FYI
If you are looking for syn marine grease - check out pepboys
they have Peak Marine Synthetic grease.
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

MarcosG

I have the yamaha marine grease in a glass jar for about 3 years. I noticed that there is some oil separation at the bottom of the jar. Is it normal?