Anybody know this Salas model?

Started by jurelometer, February 22, 2024, 02:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jurelometer

I saw this in one of Randy's photos for his iron blowout sale, and since it was a new model to me, I couldn't resist the urge to check it out.

The name of the model is Yoyo. And it is a yo-yo (heavy) iron. It comes in various sizes, this one being a 4, weighing in at 4.45 oz rigged.  It is a narrow, tall iron with a center of mass much farther from the flat side and maybe closer to head than a traditional heavy iron.

Anybody out there know anything about these jigs and how they fish compared to other heavy irons?

-J

Bill B

Looks to be about the same size as a 6X Jr.  As far as I know when fishing heavy irons you are not looking for much action as you just drop to the bottom and wind up like a madman.  During the drop you should get a bunch of wobble but not many strikes. 

At 4.5 oz it's too heavy for a surface iron, but could be used as a sinking type and wound up at a shallow angle. 

Mark could give you more information on its uses.   Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

sabaman1

Good yoyo iron for yellowtail in waters up to 150 ft with minimum current. The color is called scrambled egg.
JIM

Ron Jones

With all that weight away from the flat, I bet it falls like a Norwegian jig, although I've never seen a Norwegian jig that small.
I'd fish it.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"