Anybody using the Japanese Nano rods, slow pitch, jigging, etc?

Started by Steve-O, August 25, 2015, 10:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve-O

I recently picked up a Major Craft  Crostage light jigging rod and am getting a Hamachi Zenku jigger and wondered if anyone on here is into this style of jigging with the Japanese rods.
My MJ Crostage rod is pretty neat. Thin, flexible and strong. Pulls in the carp and cats with ease. Will work well for me on the kayak or shore.

The Major Craft site.

http://www.majorcraft.co.jp/english/

This mirror carp was 12.5# and fought the good fight to the net. Then posed and was back to the pond.

I ask because I was unfamiliar with it til now.

Steve-O

My two Hamachi rods arrived today from Australia. Very nice quality. Will give a report on them when I return from Alaska trip.

http://www.fishingandboatingdeals.com/jigging-popper-rods/

I purchased two of their light jigging rods for boat and kayak rockfish jigging. One for a Spinning reel
And the other for an overhead LP baitcaster.

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

David Hall

I been toying with the idea of  85-150 gr Black Hole cape cod blank.  It's supposed to utilize the nano tech in their composite glass layup, don't know much about them except the videos on you tube of guys really laying the wood to them winching up big fish.  Hard to argue with them when you see what they are capable of.
I recently got one of Black Pearls 250-350 gr jigging rods, it's a fast action rod and only fished it once, landed a bunch of rock fish on it but nothing to really test the back bone yet. I love jigging and have used everything from slow soft rods to fast action and really prefer the faster action for my area, when a big ling or other rock fish hits they instantly withdraw into their rocky hole and flare out their fins effectively locking themselves into their hole.  I think the soft action rods flex to much and they are able to get locked in before I can get their head pointed up. The first half second after hookup is the most critical.
That being said I still like the idea of the slow jigging just not sure it would work for the area and species of fish
That I fish for around here.