big boy senator inserts: second batch

Started by Three se7ens, August 29, 2015, 04:14:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Three se7ens

So heres the sign-up for the second batch of big boy senator inserts and drag kits.  The price on the 12/0 size is staying the same at $54 each, but the price on the 14/0 size is going up to $56 each.  Shipping will be $6 for USPS Priority mail, a flat rate for any number of kits(as long as your order fits in a small flat rate box).  

Heres the original thread

I do have spares available for these kits.  Both sizes use all the same washers, the only difference is the OD of the insert itself.  Extra delrin washers for $1.50 each, and a set of carbon fiber washers for $18.

The insert is 5052 aluminum.  Due to manufacturing tolerances, slight fitting may be requires.  The aluminum insert is easy to file to fit.  If you think the fitting required is major, then message me, and Ill take care of you.  

The drag stack is 7 pieces of 1.5mm carbon fiber eared drag washers, 6 pieces of 0.060" stainless keyed washers, and 1 piece of 0.125" stainless keyed washer.  The kit also includes a delrin washer for under the main gear.

The first batch was quite a success, and there were a few people who didnt get signed up in time.  Here's your chance, you dont want to miss it again.  I only do these insert kits in batches, so there's no guarantee that there will more runs after this one.

I have Daron down for 2 more 12/0 and 2 more 14/0 kits.  Anyone else who messaged me, please respond here so I can keep track of everyone.  

*This list is open for signups until Friday, October 2nd.  No payments will be due(or taken) until the kits are ready to ship, but you do need to be on the list to reserve your kits.*

theluckpusher

please put me on the list for One 12/0 insert kit and One 14/0 insert kit --- thanks
"To Hell with Luck, I'll bring the Luck with Me." ---Hemingway

RockyR

Strick

Ill take one more for the 12/0 and 14/0(two total). Out of curiosity how long will these last? Thanks.

Three se7ens

Quote from: Strick on August 29, 2015, 11:51:39 PM
Ill take one more for the 12/0 and 14/0(two total). Out of curiosity how long will these last? Thanks.

The metal parts should last as long as the reel. The carbon fiber may need replacement depending on how often and hard it gets fished.  Spares will always be available though.

Shark Hunter

After some initial fitting. You will love these. Trust me. ;)
Life is Good!

fishforfun

I'll take two sets for the 12/0 and two sets for the 14/0, thanks.

handi2

I changed my mind.

5 kits for the 12/0 and 4 for the 14/0.

The Shark guys in my area want me to do their reels.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Claytong

Sharkin904

I'll take one set with Carbon washers for a 12/0. Wouls I need an extra delrin washer? Still learning about this stuff lol

Also, any idea on when a 9/0 one will be up for grabs again? Thanks for making these!

twotone

Thanks for making these available again. I'll take a 12/0 set and 14/0 set. Add two drag kits , one extra set cf washers and two additional delrin washers.
twotone

Three se7ens

The kits come with a delrin washer for under the gear.  Those same delrin washers are also available separately, either for replacement parts or to use in a reel with a standard drag.

9/0 kits will be soon. I have the components on order.

skinnys98ta

I will take 2 for the 14/0.  I also need 4 stainless dogs for 14/0 also, if someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks

RockyR

In addition to the 14/0 set, I am also interested in the 6/0 set.