Tiburon Frames for Penn

Started by Bryan Young, January 08, 2011, 08:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam

Ok Will have a look at charkbait
Thanks

Bunnlevel Sharker

I heard a rumor Tiburon is doing another run of super 6 frames.........
Grayson Lanier

SharkFisher

I have a gold Accuframe narrow and Gold narrow spool (very clean ) that I would be willing to part with for a red or black narrow spool along with 60 dollars.

Or if anyone has a narrow spool for sale ??

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Quote from: Bunnlevel Sharker on October 31, 2013, 12:41:42 PM
I heard a rumor Tiburon is doing another run of super 6 frames.........
I doubt it, the 6/0 WEX has more line capacity.
The Super 6 is 3 1/2" wide
The WEX is 3 3/4" wide.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bunnlevel Sharker

I meant the wex, i never new there was a difference
Grayson Lanier

Alto Mare

I didn't know they were out of those :-\.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

I thought the WEX only came as a kit.
Life is Good!

Bunnlevel Sharker

I got a hint that were running more frames, I was told black marlin special
Grayson Lanier

Alto Mare

Shark Hunter

The P60 WEX is not for the faint of heart. I only know one other guy with one and that is Sal!
The spool and frame kit are over $200. This is a step up from the Black Marlin Special.
I have Alan Chui's Hex gears on the way for mine. its not a super 6. Its a Sick 6! ;)
Life is Good!

Bunnlevel Sharker

Oh ok, I understand now. So is the wex a frame or a post set? How much line will it hold? I know the black marlin takes 800 of 50
Grayson Lanier

Shark Hunter

The P60 WEX comes with a Frame, clamp kit and spool. The frame is thicker than their regular frames and the spool is 1/2" wider than a super 6. Not sure about the line capacity. I have mine packed full of 80lb mono.
Life is Good!

Bunnlevel Sharker

Ok thanks, i am going to look into one possibly
Grayson Lanier

Shark Hunter

I got mine from reely gone. It was suppose to be the last silver kit in his inventory. He is still showing silver available on his website. It was $229! shipped. :o
Life is Good!