Tiburon Frames for Penn

Started by Bryan Young, January 08, 2011, 08:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeg24thst

I have a red tiburon 4ex frame and spool for sale asking $250 + shipping for it for more info contact mike at 3616736053

Shark Hunter

Do you mean a T4W? for a 113HLW?
Life is Good!

mikeg24thst

It's the ex wide broadbill special measures 3-1/8" wide

BMITCH

Daron, I think this frame makes up a Wex. Sal has posted his somewhere here before.
luck is the residue of design.

Shark Hunter

A WEX is a P-60 and it measures 3 1/2" wide. Its for a 114H, That broadbill is for a 113H.
Life is Good!

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

Caranx

Quote from: Shark Hunter on November 01, 2013, 11:17:22 PM
The P60 WEX is not for the faint of heart. I only know one other guy with one and that is Sal!
The spool and frame kit are over $200. This is a step up from the Black Marlin Special.
I have Alan Chui's Hex gears on the way for mine. its not a super 6. Its a Sick 6! ;)

The P60W is for the 114HLW

The P60WEX have the exact dimensions of the Newell Black Marlin Special

The T4W is for the 113HLW

I am not sure what they call Tiburons Newell Broadbill Special's version. T4WEX ????

Shark Hunter

The P60-WEX is a different Animal. The frame and spool are much beefier than a Black Marlin Newell.
I'm not knocking Newell's, The Newell Nut might come after me. :P
I'm just glad I got my WEX when I did. ;)
Life is Good!

Newell Nut

I am mostly a Newell Nut but I do have some very special Penns from the master in my collection too. Beefier for sure. ;)

Caranx

I agree with you on which kit is stronger.
I'm just clarifying that the WEX replaces the Black Marlin special in size (spool width).
Line capacities are the same, of course, the WEX weighs a tad bit more.
I have a couple of each of the BMS and WEX's and they can be bought for the right price! :)

Rancanfish

I need a P21 I believe for a standard 501 body. Is the list updated? Available? LMK. thank you.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Rancanfish

Ebay hmmmmm.  thank you though.

Shark Hunter

That particular seller is a stand up guy. He is well known around here. I am not affiliated.
Life is Good!

Rancanfish

Good to know.

But now I'm confused as he has a spool showing that is used in conjunction with a P21 to narrow a 501.

I don't remember buying a spool last time. But that was an AccuFrame.

Do I need a spool too?