Tiburon Frames for Penn

Started by Bryan Young, January 08, 2011, 08:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Quote from: Shark Hunter on September 30, 2014, 08:41:31 AM
That particular seller is a stand up guy. He is well known around here. I am not affiliated.

X2

Quote from: Rancanfish on September 30, 2014, 02:18:00 PM

But now I'm confused as he has a spool showing that is used in conjunction with a P21 to narrow a 501.

I don't remember buying a spool last time. But that was an AccuFrame.

Do I need a spool too?

The P-21 is just the frame, you will need a Penn 29L-501 or a Tiburon P-21S spool.

Here's a link to Tiburon.

http://www.tiburonfishingreels.com/jigmaster
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Rancanfish on September 30, 2014, 02:18:00 PM
Good to know.

But now I'm confused as he has a spool showing that is used in conjunction with a P21 to narrow a 501.

I don't remember buying a spool last time. But that was an AccuFrame.

Do I need a spool too?
If you have a stock 501. It is already narrow. Its just a narrow 500. The 506 is the narrow high speed version. Your stock spool will fit.
Life is Good!

Rancanfish

Thanks guys. But now I have anotherr question. I heard there were some probs w/ Tiburon machining regarding the reel seat clamp spacing.

Oh wait the ad says it comes with the clamp.

Think I'm good.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

TechTeach

Got anything that will fit and international 20?
"Where's that damn dog spring??????"

conchydong

Quote from: TechTeach2530 on October 03, 2014, 03:47:40 PM
Got anything that will fit and international 20?

Call Tiburon. They make runs of them every few years or so.  http://www.tiburonfishingreels.com/international

ZaneG

Need a frame for a 113HLW. I see they are a little over $90 on the site thought I would try here first.
***Update: Got one. Thanks***

mikeg24thst

Alan is sold out but go to extreme coast forums under classifieds there is 2 black 4/wide frames

alantani

Send a pm and it will help me to not forget.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

fIsHsTiiCkS

By chance anymore silver 113h frames left?

Captain Hook

I will gladly take a T12 frame if you still have them available.

Please let me know how to get one.

Thanks

Doug
Captain Hook

alantani

no topless frames, but i think i have an original penn frame somewhere. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Ballsie1

Hi alan or any other penn expert,

Can you tell me what the benefit of the topless frame, and what other upgrades would you recommend for a senator 6/0h. I have drag washers and Delrin from smooth drag.
Thanks Ben

Bryan Young

I know that this information is somewhere on this site, but let's recap for you because I too cannot find it.

Aluminum Frames - Adds rigidity to your reel so there is no twisting under higher drag settings. Twisting of the reel can bend a spool shaff, put your gears out of alignment damaging them,...and worst of all, lock up your reel during a fish fight.

Top Bar vs. Topless - I have found that if you are casting, it is possible the line exiting the spool may slap the top bar of the reel, slowing the line down, not the spool leading to the famous professional overruns (birds nest, backlash,...).  I do know that there are several fisher that like the topless frames so that when the fish is near and below the boat, they are able to palm the spool to pull the fish up for gaffing.  This can be difficult with a top bar.

I'm sure others have their comments as well...hope this somewhat clears up the top bar vs. topless issue for you.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

MarkT

The main benefit to a topless frame is access to the spool when casting and live-bait fishing.  It's easier to thumb the spool without the top bar and to turn the spool backwards when taking slack out when fishing live bait.  My YTS is topless and my 6/0 has a top bar.  Topless wasn't available when I got the 6/0 frame or I would've gotten a topless frame for it too.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Alto Mare

I would only go topless on a narrow 6/0.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.