Endeavor 3/4 Day Shallow Water Sept 10th

Started by theswimmer, September 03, 2015, 11:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theswimmer

I know this is short notice , but.......
I will have to tend to some projects in the Morro Bay area the first part of next week.
I thought I would combine work with pleasure.... ;D

Sept 10th, Thursday shallow water trip , limited load 26 spots still available.
Anyone want to join me?

7AM to 3PM
https://booking.morrobaylanding.com/sales/
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Big Tim

you will have fun and Brad is a great Captain

theswimmer

Thanks Big Tim.
It is on your recommendation that I booked the trip.
They have been averaging 2-3 Lings and limits on Rocks per person with about 25-26 fishing.
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

El Pescador

theswimmer!

I was just back at Morro Bay with a long time fishing bud, Sunday day Rockfishing trip,

FULL BOAT - 27 anglers aboard.

We left the dock at 8am, dropped lines at 8:45am, by 11:15am ALL 27 ANGLERS had the 10 rockfish limit, and the guy next to me brought up a 17 1/2 lbs. Ling, It was the Money Fish.

I asked him to cut me in for 20% since it was MY rig drop that flushed the fish into his shrimp fly rig!!!!  We laughed!

Some RECON, BRING a box of WHOLE SQUID, it does make a difference on the size of fish you bring up.

Good luck!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

theswimmer

Wayne if you remember when we were on the Fiesta trip ,I have been experimenting with all kinds of shallow water 4-5 oz jig head fly soft bait combos. I want to catch fish of course but keeping track of what's working as far as jigs combo soft bait and shrimp flys is my challenge.
I think some folks would be surprised to see what has been working this summer.
We have been using a friends big sail boat out of Moss all summer and had some good 3 day weekends fishing where we left on Friday nite and came back to the dock on Monday afternoon.
There is a method to my madness.

I definitely think Bryans theory that copper sets up an electrical charge that attracts big lings has merit. More on this later.

I do however have 2 full boxes of big squid in the freezer that are coming with me next week🏄

Errol Flynn

El Pescador

BINGO!  You're set!

Have a great time, post your trip, and let's see your photos!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

theswimmer

Errol Flynn

Big Tim

you want the big one? get these:
 http://www.basspro.com/Lunker-City-Slug-Go-9/product/1203030501111/?cmCat=CROSSSELL_PRODUCT

3 way swivel with an 6-8oz torpedo weight on the bottom hanging about 14" on 10lb test for break off, then 40# mono on the middle extended out about 12" then your choice of hook, worm...bounce the bottom and drag in the current(swim it). You will get the bigger lings  ;D

BT