Bread Clips -- New Use for My Tackle Stuff

Started by foakes, September 09, 2015, 07:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

MODERATORS -- THIS THREAD SHOULD PROBABLY BE MOVED OVER TO "TIP OF THE DAY STICKY "-- Posted in the wrong spot.  Sorry, Fred

Have a couple hundred reels that I am selling -- and did not want to mislead anyone who may be interested -- So when were they serviced?, was it a full service?, drags?, line?, etc... -- but that is too much to remember for me.

So looked around a bit -- and this seems dead simple to me -- quick, cheap, accurate, easy, uncomplicated -- just works.

Use bread clips.

Just attach to a handle, post, bail, etc..

Going to see if some place like Amazon or Smart & Final has these in bulk, different colors.

Just use a fine sharpie to mark the tags.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

STRIPER LOU

That's a great idea Fred! They would also work out well for marking the wiring on my boat.                                                         

bluefish69

I use Brady Markers-- I have a few books from 1 - 45.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Ron Jones

Perfect,
I will begin collecting them today.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

David Hall

Every loaf that goes through I toss that little plastic sucker into the bread basket,  Now I know why I've been keeping them!
Thanks Fred

Alto Mare

Very good tip Fred.
If you need many,  these might also help:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#16175T7
not a bad price...

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

David Hall

I just showed this thread to my better half and proudly stated. I must have a hundred of them in the bread basket.

To which she replied, you did have until last week I dumped them all into the recycle bin, there must have been a hundred of them! 

Note to myself:  If it's worth saving it's worth moving into the shop!