handle upgrade - shimano tld 15, tld star, tsm star, charter special, trin/toriu

Started by alantani, December 19, 2008, 04:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

the stock handle grip on the many of the "3/0"-sized reels is pretty small.  personally, i think the lenth of the arm is fine, it's just the grip that i find to be a problem. a simple fix is to drill out the old handle grip and bolt on a new one.  on the left, is the stock handle grip.  it typically costs $17 from shimano.  in the center is a handle upgrade with a new shimano arm and the 2/0 kolekar grip.  it's $43 with domestic shipping included.  the handle on the right is the same shimano arm with a 4/0 kolekar grip.  the cost is $47 with domestic shipping included.  

this 4/0 grip is my favorite for this size reel.  it makes the reel much easier to crank under a heavy load.  

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

i just had a bunch of stainless steel arms made.  we've already found a small problem if you mount it on a star drag reel.  looks like that screw hole will have to be counterbored. 

Alan, you rock! I was pleasantly surprised when I checked my mail today 

A little issue, though;  There's interference between the counterweight set-screw and the star-wheel when this handle is mounted on a TLD Star 15/30.  I have not checked it on the Calcutta 700 yet...

alantani

yeah, fixed that problem quite a while ago but never posted an update.  the screw holding the counterweight is now countersunk!  the handle arm is $13 and the kolekar grip is $27, with typically $3 for shipping in the united states.

Mickeyfin

Have a Shimano Calcutta 200TE DC. Any aftermarket power handle like the Curado 300ej available?

thanks, Mick

Quote from: alantani on December 19, 2008, 04:41:08 PM
the stock handle grip on the many of the "3/0"-sized reels is pretty small.  personally, i think the lenth of the arm is fine, it's just the grip that i find to be a problem. a simple fix is to drill out the old handle grip and bolt on a new one.  on the left, is the stock handle grip.  it typically costs $17 from shimano.  in the center is a handle upgrade with a new shimano arm and the 2/0 kolekar grip.  it's $43 with domestic shipping included.  the handle on the right is the same shimano arm with a 4/0 kolekar grip.  the cost is $47 with domestic shipping included.  

this 4/0 grip is my favorite for this size reel.  it makes the reel much easier to crank under a heavy load.  

alantani

haven't been keeping up with shimano well enough.  models change around so much.  it might be best to talk to shimano directly, 877-577-0600. 

edgarop

Hello Alan, I have been looking for a longer handle for a shimano tr200. I upgraded to carbontex drags so im looking to complete my reel transformation. Thanks Edgar

TheOtherOne

Quote from: alantani on December 19, 2008, 04:41:08 PM

Alan,

Are you selling these handles? Looking to upgrade the small plastic handle on my TR200G. Thank you!

-Ken

alantani

yes, got a bunch!!!!!  send me a pm and i'll get you hooked up with one! 

TheOtherOne

Quote from: alantani on March 18, 2016, 02:45:41 AM
yes, got a bunch!!!!!  send me a pm and i'll get you hooked up with one! 

Sweet! PM sent! (I hope? I tried  :D)

masonpauls

Hoping to get about three of these handles from you if you're still selling them!

I sent you a PM earlier, but unaware if you received it.

Let me know if I need to try again.

Thanks!! :)