Main Menu

Knives

Started by mmayo, September 30, 2015, 10:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

What can I say that hasn't already been said, except! I want one :o ;D

Joe   
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

thorhammer

WOW. What Joe said...

broadway

Man, you are a wizard with wood! Do you forge your own blades or are you making the handle grips and have someone else making the blades?
Either way, you got some serious skills, pal.
Thanks for showing some sweet tools,
Dom

mmayo

I bought this blade blank from Alabam Damascus
Kites fly the highest against the wind, not with it.

Mudman

Rob Thomas Damascus also does nice stuff for Damascus blanks.

Mac53

Mark,

Looking for a good 4-5 inch blade for cutting bait and filleting small bait fish.  Small fillet knife would work well but not sure if stainless is the way to go or a good D2 Steel kept spotlessly clean as possible to prevent rusting. What say you?

Mac

mmayo

There is a knife I've seen in eBay that looks useful for you. I'll see if I can't send you the link. Will be next week as we are house hunting this weekend.

Mark

mmayo

I have had a very busy time of late with two very custom series 6 tackle boxes and a plan to move!  I am finishing up a knife shown below that just is in final sanding before finish. The knife scales are Gmelia burl and should darken a little with finish; the grain and Burl should also pop a bit too. It should be done in a week or so. I do not know if this is anything like you want, but it is something for us to discuss for better direction. Let me know please.

Another idea is a regular fillet knife like this blank. I could attach the wood you select and build to suit you. The blade is 5 3/4" long.

Mac53

Is this fillet blank a good stainless?

Tightlines667

I really like the looks of the Browning Storm Front (Damascus steel blade, burl oak handle), for my upland bird dressing needs.  Is this something that cold be custom built for under $120 or so?

http://www.browning.com/products/knives/damascus-knives/storm-front-damascus-drop-point.html

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

mmayo

I have looked for while for that exact "blank" and have come up empty.  Once found, making the knife is just work and patience.  If you find the blank let me know where.

mmayo

S O L D

EMAIL ME AT:   MLMAYO2@VERIZON.NET    IF INTERESTED

I am in the process of moving and a few items made in my shop have to find new homes. This 8" Damascus steel knife features Gmelia burl wood which has quite interesting figure and has polished up to a grippable high gloss. The finish is Tru Oil which is the gold standard for knife scales and gunstocks. The knife was just sharpened on a Worksharp knife sharpener today and feels sharp.

Here are a few photos.

Yes, the matching case with belt loop comes with it.

The price is $100 plus $7 shipping within the US flat rate small box shipping. If your location requires additional postage you will pay exactly what I have to pay the post office.

EMAIL ME AT:   MLMAYO2@VERIZON.NET    IF INTERESTED

Reel 224

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

mmayo

Reel 224