handle upgrade - penn 113h, 349h, 20, 30s, 4/0 progear

Started by alantani, December 19, 2008, 05:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

here's a nice handle upgrade for the penn senator 113h, the penn master mariner 349h, the penn international 20 and 30, and all of the older progear reels that are based on the 4/0 senator.  the handle arm is actually the one used on the penn international II 30s.  it's normally $22 for the handle arm alone, but i made a bulk purchase and saved a few dollars.  the cost for the entire handle assembly, including the handle nut retaining ring, screw and domestic shipping, is $50. 

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

treidm

Alan:

I just received my newest reel and was looking at the handles

My reel is a new version Penn 113HN
Do you offer a complete handle for these, so I can keep the original one?
Would a 4/0 be a good size for it?
If yes, what would be the price shipped to 66048?
Do you accept paypal or credit card?

Thanks, Reid
"If capitalism is fair then unionism must be. If men have a right to capitalize their ideas and the resources of their country, then that implies the right of men to capitalize their labor."

--Frank Lloyd Wright

alantani

i think i have a complete handle somewhere.  figure $50 for a 6/0 grip, an original 113hn arm and shipping.  send a pm with your address and i will ship out the handle.  when it arrives, make sure it works for you and then send a check.  thanks!  alan

treidm

"If capitalism is fair then unionism must be. If men have a right to capitalize their ideas and the resources of their country, then that implies the right of men to capitalize their labor."

--Frank Lloyd Wright

treidm

Received new arm with 6/0 handle for a 113HN & a 4/0 handle for a 309

Quality of the products exceeded my expectations

The cant of the handles works perfectly
The shape of the 6/0 fits in hand perfectly (It's the shape of something squeezed in hand)
The size of 4/0 is perfect for 309M
The size of the 6/0 is perfect for the 113HN
Alan even threw in a homemade bearing puller at no cost

I also had been doing a complete breakdown/maintenance on 309, when BOING! Where did that dog spring go?

I contacted Alan to see if he had any and would sell me a couple to send with the handles
What did he do?
He sent a separate envelope with 2 springs at no charge
They all arrived the same day (VERY quick)

Shall I go on?

I think it is important to recognize a person who helps because he loves what he does, not just for profit
In fact he showed me, he is more concerned with helping others and promoting reel work

So I for one, want to chime in and thank you Alan for being who you are, providing a great site and personal attention to anyone who asks!

THANKS!

Reid Marcum

--Frank Lloyd Wright

redsetta

Good call Reid - welcome to 'the family'  ;)
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

RichardSimon

Good Afternoon Alan:

What an awesome site. Amazing the amount of information you have amassed here.

I own an older Penn 30TW and 30SW. I purchased them used last year and they are in pretty good shape.

The handle broke on the 30SW yesterday while fishing. In addition, I noticed the 30TW handle is about to do the same thing.

I attached a picture of the broken handle.

From what I can gather from reading your site, it is not really possible to repair the handle without drilling it out and so on.

I am currently residing in the Bahamas so it is hard to get parts.

Just wondering if you still have any of these handles referred to above. Or would you have any other recommendations?

Thank you,

Richard

alantani

you might be able to drill and tap it.  otherwise, you will beed a new grip.  the old arm will have to be drilled out a little as well. 

RichardSimon

Thanks so much for the quick reply.

I think I would like to go down the route of getting new grips for the Penn 30SW and 30TW.

If you have something available, how much for 2 grips and also how much with new arms ? Larger size would be great.

Cheers and thanks again,

Richard

alantani

a $36 6/0 grip and a $15 arm would be best combo.  if i can get an address, i will send it out.  alan

RichardSimon

That sounds great Alan.  I will send you an email with the address.

Cheers,

Richard

alantani

the old 4/0's are all gone.  i have some used 2/0's and 6/0's for about half price.  otherwise, it's the new 3/0 bait handle grip and the new 5/0 trolling handle grip. 

bear with me, i'm still catching up with e-mails, pm's and parts. 

broschro

sounds good send me one of the old ones in the 6/0 size please.
  thanks Alan  Jammie

alantani

will do!  i will send you one with a counterbored spindle.  you will have to drill out the handle arm to accomodate the counterbore using a 5/16ths inch drill bit.