handle upgrade - penn 113h, 349h, 20, 30s, 4/0 progear

Started by alantani, December 19, 2008, 05:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sundaytrucka

Hey Alan. I have not stepped up to a handle upgrade on any of my reels as of yet, still working on sourcing reels and upgrading others, but I will be ordering some in the future.

My question is, have you ever thought of, or has it ever come up in conversation of making a round/ball handle out of the same handle material you currently have available? I have been looking at the "ball" handles (only seen metal) for my surface iron and yo-yo iron reels.

Better yet would be a handle that is somewhat of a crossover between a standard offset T-handle and a ball. I think we have enough minds on the board that could input and come up with some designs and ideas.

(I like the way the ball handles feel to constant jigging, but are not too comfortable once hooked up. I know others may feel different, but believe there could be a nice market for a T/Ball crossover handle. Just my opinion.)

Thanks, Scott.
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

alantani

not a big fan of the ball.  everything for me is geared towards larger fish and trolling or live bait.  there are plenty of ball grips out there.  mine is one of the few delron offset grips.  the reason for selecting these materials is longevity and value for your money.  it is not the prettiest, but these handle grips will last for ever. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

LTM

Alan,

We spoke briefly on this topic but I never understood your reasoning until your current statement. HOWEVER, the size and shape that will fill the void for alot of applications would be an "EGG SHAPE" slightly larger than a 'grade AA" and Delron is the perfect material for it. Just my two cents. Now I can go to bed, this topic has been bugging me since it was posted today.  ::)

Leo

Edit. Especially with your offset Alan. Now I guess its up to five cents of oppinion!