East coast head boat tuna

Started by bill19803, October 11, 2015, 04:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DON3099

A little off the topic, but did you see this at Point Pleasant NJ (Manasquan Inlet). I flounder fish right about that spot.

Decker

Quote from: DON3099 on October 08, 2021, 10:41:51 AM
A little off the topic, but did you see this at Point Pleasant NJ (Manasquan Inlet). I flounder fish right about that spot.

I know that spot too, Don!  Have some good memories of blackfishing a little closer to the jetty.   Bill is an inspiration for us east-coasters...  Let's try to put an Ohana trip together some time!

Cheers,
/Joe

wascallywabit

Used to run that inlet quite often. That and Shark river. Know it well. If you guys want to do something let me know.

Ed

Shark Hunter

Hang in there Bill.
Keep the reports coming.
Life is Good!

bill19804

heard great  reports  of  private  charter  with  yft  limits
was  so  trashed  after  last  treatment  i  called  boat  and cancelled trip  for upcoming weekend
boat said no problem  a  big  wait  list
its  not  fair for me to  sit on a reservation till last  minute and  my  replacement  does  not have  adequate  time to get   prepared

probably only one  more  trip   possible  this  year  cant do  trips  during week  as im in treatment  monday wednesday  friday  and  cant  miss  it.  and  my partner  is  elk  hunting for next two weeks  so  doing  it  alone  is a  major  physical  strain on  this  old  body. i need 8 hrs sleep  and  being on  road to  boat  at 330 am really  doesnt allow  that

hopefully  one  more  report  this  year

thorhammer

hang in there, Bill! looking forward to next report!

bill19804

aint gonna  be  any more reports this  year  balance  is  gone  and  there  are  no  soft places  to  land on a  boat  and  deck antiskid  eats  skin  easily. called  boat  from  hospital  and  cancelled  every  trip i  had  left.
boat  owner  was  most gracious  said  c mon  down  when ever  you  feeel  well  enough  go  for  a  ride,  kibitz, advise  no  charge  after  40years  of  patronage. talk  about honorable  folks

Swami805

Take care of yourself, there's always next year.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

broadway

Hang in there ya ole'  salty dog.
I'll miss your in depth reports.
I look forward to you continuing next year.
Warm regards
Dom

Ron Jones

Hope to hear your mended and ready to get after it soon Bill!
God Speed
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

bill19804

its  only  May  and  already  im  hunting  for  bait  for  september  swordfishing. need  squid  at  leasr  24  ounces  and  at  least  35  pieces  of  it. anyone  knows  a  reliable  source  in  NJ?  recruited  a  couple  more  guys  to  the  annual  pilgrimage  to  barnegat  light,  nj  in  quest  for  a  monster.  building  2  united composite  raptors   cause  i  cant  get  the  calstars  i  want.
budget  is  a  bit  more  limited  this  year  so  hunting  for best  internet  prices.  hell  dont  need  more  gear  got  2  rooms  full  now  but  im  way  down  that  rabbit  hole.

i  learned  long  ago  preparation  is  so  important  in  this  fishing  game.  success  is  made  on  land  and  is  delivered  at  sea.

so  ill  just  fiddle  around  making  top  shots,  2  hook  squid  rigs,  finding  right  stuff  at  right  price,  having  a  few  discussions  on  tackle  and  tactics  and  waiting  for  sept 14  to  get  here.
booked  all  trips  the  boat  is  able  to make  till  weather  turns  to  crap in  october.

tight  lines  to  all

Benni3

Quote from: bill19804 on May 31, 2022, 05:22:41 AMits  only  May  and  already  im  hunting  for  bait  for  september  swordfishing. need  squid  at  leasr  24  ounces  and  at  least  35  pieces  of  it. anyone  knows  a  reliable  source  in  NJ?  recruited  a  couple  more  guys  to  the  annual  pilgrimage  to  barnegat  light,  nj  in  quest  for  a  monster.  building  2  united composite  raptors   cause  i  cant  get  the  calstars  i  want.
budget  is  a  bit  more  limited  this  year  so  hunting  for best  internet  prices.  hell  dont  need  more  gear  got  2  rooms  full  now  but  im  way  down  that  rabbit  hole.

i  learned  long  ago  preparation  is  so  important  in  this  fishing  game.  success  is  made  on  land  and  is  delivered  at  sea.

so  ill  just  fiddle  around  making  top  shots,  2  hook  squid  rigs,  finding  right  stuff  at  right  price,  having  a  few  discussions  on  tackle  and  tactics  and  waiting  for  sept 14  to  get  here.
booked  all  trips  the  boat  is  able  to make  till  weather  turns  to  crap in  october.

tight  lines  to  all

I'm in but you know Florida is the place this time of year,,,,, ;D

bill19804

yes  florida  is  the  place at  this  time  but  due  to  m, w,f  medical  treatment  i cant be  there so  next  best  is  to  get  prepared  for  when./where  i  can  go  fishing

Swami805

Good to see you're still in the game.  Looking forward to reports
Do what you can with that you have where you are

bill19804

ill  be  in the  game  as  long  as  i  can  walk.   but  dont  have the  stamina  for  a  good  fight.  thanks  to  great  mates  and  fishing  partner  i  can  stll  go  just  cant  do  the  fight.  but  meh  some  is  better  then  none still  hunting  for  that 300  even  if  others  do  the  fight