5:1 Ratio 316 SUS Gear Set For JigMaster 500/501

Started by Black Pearl, March 19, 2013, 11:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Pearl

All guys,

I just got back home. I will start send out those replacement pinion gear with spacing sleeve parts. No main gear will be replaced.

Sorry for the delay.

Thanks,
--Alan

floating doc

I bought a jigmaster 500 and I'm going to put stock steel gears in my 112HN. When you have the replacement pinions ready for shipping, put me on the list please. No rush, I'm busy with other things.
Central Florida

Cone

Quote from: floating doc on August 22, 2014, 01:02:43 PM
I bought a jigmaster 500 and I'm going to put stock steel gears in my 112HN. When you have the replacement pinions ready for shipping, put me on the list please. No rush, I'm busy with other things.
Doc, BP's gears and pinion are helical. The BP pinion will not work with the stock Penn gears. You would have to have BP's main and pinion.
You probably already know this.  ;D  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Black Pearl

Quote from: broschro on August 22, 2014, 03:51:16 PM
I will need one please

Guys,

Please send me your email address and your mailing address, please.

Thanks,
--Alan

floating doc

Quote from: Cone on August 22, 2014, 04:26:53 PM
Doc, BP's gears and pinion are helical. The BP pinion will not work with the stock Penn gears. You would have to have BP's main and pinion.
You probably already know this.  ;D  Bob

Yes, but it's really nice of you to point that out.

I bought the original set for my 112HN. Since the BP gears won't work in those reels, I'm going to build a jigmaster. I'm not giving up!
Central Florida

Black Pearl

Come and get it now.

This gear set kit is also available via Smooooth Drag and Brian's Fishing Supply in Hawaii.

steelfish

The Baja Guy

speedwagon2

Black Pearl

A new version 5:1 gear set will be tested by Sal to confirm if it will work for Jigmaster 500/501 and 112H.

Here is a picture.

swill88

Alan....is the ring on the pinon a press fit?

Black Pearl

Ron Jones

I know you have  lot of pokers in the fire, but when is the 500 gear going to get the new drag?
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Black Pearl

Quote from: noyb72 on February 14, 2016, 11:23:27 PM
I know you have  lot of pokers in the fire, but when is the 500 gear going to get the new drag?
Ron

Is 4:1 or 5:1 you talking about?

Ron Jones

I've seen the 4:1, but the 5:1 would be nice also.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"