stainless steel gear sleeves - penn squidders, jigmasters, and smaller senators

Started by alantani, December 19, 2008, 05:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limey

I'd like to add a belated vote of thanks to Alan for sending a couple of stainless gear sleeves over to me. I fitted them on my Penn 200 and 66.

They are well engineered and superb bits of kit!

Cheers Alan

Limey

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

George4741

Do you have s/s gear sleeves for the 113H?  If so, how much?  Penn parts is out of them.
George
viurem lliures o morirem

Bryan Young

George, we are out of SS for the 113H.  They are pending.  Not sure when they will be coming in.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

George4741

Quote from: Bryan Young on February 23, 2012, 06:15:37 AM
George, we are out of SS for the 113H.  They are pending.  Not sure when they will be coming in.

Bryan

Electramate has them for $30, but I was hoping they may be cheaper through you or at Penn Parts.  I'll wait and see. :(
viurem lliures o morirem

ShoreKasterHI

Please let me know also when you receive some i would like two....

Bryan Young

Aloha ShoreKasterHI,

E komo mai.  I think I had left a couple at 5 Oceans, 7 Seas on Oahu.  Let me see if they still have them.

Aloha,
Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

chxh8me

Just checking to see if you have the s/s gear sleeves for the newer 500 in stock.  If so, check will be in the mail tomorrow.
Let me know.  Thanks!

alantani

it's all mixed up.  the new gear sleeves did not fit on the chinese bridge plates.  if yo want one, send a pm with your shipping info and i will see about locating an old gear sleeve.  alan

Irish Jigger

New Chinese made Penn 309's (in the UK) have serious issues with excessive bore clearance in their Sleeves. They are being replaced with original USA made Sleeves,while stocks last. :-[

Interchangeability of Penn parts may be a problem when USA spares are no longer available.

alantani

Caranx

Hi Alan,
Which of the two is better strength wise, the course thread or the fine thread?
Thanks,
Stuart

alantani

chxh8me