stainless steel gear sleeves - penn squidders, jigmasters, and smaller senators

Started by alantani, December 19, 2008, 05:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrwilson99

David

Bryan Young

Quote from: mrwilson99 on January 26, 2018, 05:11:19 AM
Would this fit a Pro Gear 251?
It fits but you have to file down the pin to almost half to make it fit right. It's definitely simpler to just replace the bridge with a jigmaster bridge and SS gear sleeve.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

mrwilson99

I will make this a summer project, I have so many projects going on right now before the season opens. I def want to improve the internals.
David

jawjacker

Are these ss sleeves still available?i need a sleeve for the113h...also looking for the ss bridge with double dogs. Thanks y'all.

alantani

I have the gear sleeves,  but not the bridge plate.  Check with black pearl and Cortez conversions for the other parts.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Cnhleather

Sorry guys but I'm new to upgrading Jigmasters I have a question I just got the GEN 2 coarse thread gear sleeve and washer set that was need my question is where do the washers go I put them both under the main gear SS first then the carbon but after I put my reel back together my drag star seems to not have the same amount of adjustment it did before I did the upgrade I also changed the drag washers to smooth drag

handi2

By using the stainless washer and thin Carbontex washer under the main gear it has raised the height just a tad. You will need to sand or file the sleeve just a little to get the drag star to fit and tighten correctly. Making the sleeve shorter.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

thorhammer

Alan, in the first post of the thread you indicate 113H takes the same "60" sleeve as the 113, unless I misread.

mo65

Quote from: Cnhleather on March 12, 2018, 04:37:27 AM
After I put my reel back together my drag star seems to not have the same amount of adjustment it did before I did the upgrade I also changed the drag washers to smooth drag

This is very common with drag upgrades. Especially when converting a stock HT-100 3-stack to a Smooth Drag 5-stack. The thinner washers just don't have the "squish" the thicker ones had, and it translates to the star feeling like it lost travel. This can be offset with some spring washer experimentation. I've ground down the spacing sleeve to allow for an extra spring washer, this increases the star travel. I kind of like the faster action of the thin washers myself...but it does take some getting used to.
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Nivek74

thorhammer

Cortez_Conversions

I have fine thread sleeves available for both on my website. You will need to swap out the star. I have them as well.
Tom
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

alantani

Kalbi

alantani

check with cortez conversions.  he will be taking over the 98-155 gear sleeves from me.  thanks!   alan