stainless steel gear sleeves - penn squidders, jigmasters, and smaller senators

Started by alantani, December 19, 2008, 05:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

I just wanted to poin out that the 98-505ATs ( fine ) came up with two different threading patterns! I contacted Scott's and they have it all worked out.
If you happen to have the 10-505 and  having a hard time screwing it on to one of Alan's ss fine threaded sleeve, no worries.
Stainless steel is much harder that brass, just keep the 10-505 star square to the sleeve and force it a little while turning it, the star will thread itself.
Sal

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

ShoreKasterHI

Quote from: Bryan Young on March 21, 2012, 11:08:44 PM
Aloha ShoreKasterHI,

E komo mai.  I think I had left a couple at 5 Oceans, 7 Seas on Oahu.  Let me see if they still have them.

Aloha,
Bryan

They had one waited like a week and they got another just received them today! Thnx for info. 5O7S had great customer service.

Bryan Young

Glad you got it.  JP, Lance, Lois and Asa are the best.  Friendly, lets you hang out, and stuff.  Also willing to teach.  Not many stores left that will actually do that.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

SixAMWhipper

Aloha Alan,
   I own an old 113 Senator (no letter) that has metal posts instead of the half-frame.  Therefore, would the sleeves you originally had in stock fit or should i order a different set?  Thanks!

alantani

a black side plate 113, correct?  the gear sleeve should fit just fine.  send me an e-mail to alantani@yahoo.com if you would like one.  the 113 in particular really benefits from this modification. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

suitekids

Alan's 113H SS Bridge Sleeves fit my reels perfectly, mine are fine thread, and all 3 reels I rebuilt last weekend are better and stronger than new, Thanks Alan!!

alantani

seaeagle2

Do you have any of the 113h stainless gear sleeves, I'm looking for 2.
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

Bryan Young

I believe there 6 left.  PM Alan to reserve your.  If you already haven't gotten SS dogs from Lee, we could send them along with the sleeves.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

seaeagle2

I got the dogs from Keta already, I actually sent a pm last week and didn't get a response yet.....I'm sure Alan gets tons of them.....
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

alantani

still trying to catch up.  almost to the bottom of the board, then 50 more e-mail to go, and 50 more pm's......   :-\

Dominick

Quote from: Bryan Young on June 22, 2012, 12:46:39 AM
I believe there 6 left.  PM Alan to reserve your.  If you already haven't gotten SS dogs from Lee, we could send them along with the sleeves.
Alan, Bryan:  I would like a set SS sleeve for a 9/0.  I believe it is the same for the 6/0 114H.  If you have one please send it to me at your convenience or give it to Bryan, I expect to see him when I return from back East.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

a_taka

Is the price of the stainless steel gear sleeves still $20. Thanks

alantani