stainless steel gear sleeves - penn squidders, jigmasters, and smaller senators

Started by alantani, December 19, 2008, 05:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joel8080

Alan
Do any of the Stainless gear sleeves in your supply closet fit a Penn 1/0?.

Regards

Joel
Oceanside,California

lasparky11

Alan: do you have the SS gear sleeves for a ProGear 255 in stock? Anybody know where I can get a set of stainless gears for one?
Thanks

Bryan Young

Quote from: lasparky11 on July 07, 2012, 01:59:51 AM
Alan: do you have the SS gear sleeves for a ProGear 255 in stock? Anybody know where I can get a set of stainless gears for one?
Thanks
The jigmaster gear sleeve fits the pg255. You may need to sand down the pin a bit so it fits because pgs pin location is in a slightly different position, but all of mine work great (1-pg255 and 2-pg251)
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

lasparky11

Are all of the jig master gear sleeves the same? If they are how do I go about ordering one, & how much are they? I want to order some handles at the same time for a Saltiga 30T, ProGear 600 & 625.
Thanks

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Bryan Young

Quote from: lasparky11 on July 08, 2012, 12:07:20 AM
Are all of the jig master gear sleeves the same? If they are how do I go about ordering one, & how much are they? I want to order some handles at the same time for a Saltiga 30T, ProGear 600 & 625.
Thanks
There are 2 different sleeves for the jig master.  One is course and the other if fine thread.  You need to look at your current sleeves to determine which one you need.

To order, you can send Alan and email to AlanTani@yahoo.com or a PM here. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Norcal Pescador

Okay, I'm way late on this one. Just look at the backside of your drag star. If it's a 10-60 - coarse thread, if it's a 10-505 - fine thread. If you want to change to a fine thread gear sleeve you'll need a new star, too.
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

misanthrope

Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth it brings.
-Unknown

alantani

yes, got a bunch!  i am caught up with bills.  i have a few e-mails to finish. almost done catching up with the website.  now the last thing is pm's  send me an e-mail  to alantani@yahoo.com with your address and what you need.  thanks!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

misanthrope

Quote from: alantani on August 20, 2012, 09:40:43 PM
yes, got a bunch!  i am caught up with bills.  i have a few e-mails to finish. almost done catching up with the website.  now the last thing is pm's  send me an e-mail  to alantani@yahoo.com with your address and what you need.  thanks!  alan

I responded to your PM with my address and sent you an email but forgot my address in the email (it's a Monday).

Will
Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth it brings.
-Unknown

alantani

spes

Hi Alan,
Do you have a ss gear sleeve for my 113H?
Not a great picture,, but I believe it's fine threaded. 98-320

johndtuttle

Hey there,

Question: My old Senator (which I got used years ago) seems to be a mix of years. It's a post only (no half frames) but has some 113H features in the left side (no spring), etc.

My question is can I get the dimensions of the SS gear sleeve for a 113 (it does seem much shorter than those for the 113H) with the height of the spot the retaining pin goes to confirm which one I need? That way I could check and hopefully get one of the stainless sleeves for my little project. It does seem to have "fine" rather than coarse threads.

Lastly, I may some day do the Accurate/Newell SS gear upgrade and is there any reason why this would not be eventually possible with a SS sleeve for a 113?

Best, and thx for all replies.

alantani

Quote from: spes on September 26, 2012, 09:47:41 PM
Hi Alan,
Do you have a ss gear sleeve for my 113H?
Not a great picture,, but I believe it's fine threaded. 98-320

yes, got a bunch!  send a pm and i will ship one out. they are $25.

alantani

Quote from: johndtuttle on September 26, 2012, 10:22:48 PM
Hey there,

Question: My old Senator (which I got used years ago) seems to be a mix of years. It's a post only (no half frames) but has some 113H features in the left side (no spring), etc.

My question is can I get the dimensions of the SS gear sleeve for a 113 (it does seem much shorter than those for the 113H) with the height of the spot the retaining pin goes to confirm which one I need? That way I could check and hopefully get one of the stainless sleeves for my little project. It does seem to have "fine" rather than coarse threads.

Lastly, I may some day do the Accurate/Newell SS gear upgrade and is there any reason why this would not be eventually possible with a SS sleeve for a 113?

Best, and thx for all replies.

the gear sleeve is the same for the jigmaster, the 112, the 112h and the 113.  it's the 98-60 and it's 1.165 inches tall and the diameter of the post is 0.402 inches.  send me a pm and i will ship one out.  they are $20.  thanks!  alan