stainless steel gear sleeves - penn squidders, jigmasters, and smaller senators

Started by alantani, December 19, 2008, 05:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johndtuttle

Quote from: alantani on September 27, 2012, 03:40:19 AM
Quote from: johndtuttle on September 26, 2012, 10:22:48 PM
Hey there,

Question: My old Senator (which I got used years ago) seems to be a mix of years. It's a post only (no half frames) but has some 113H features in the left side (no spring), etc.

My question is can I get the dimensions of the SS gear sleeve for a 113 (it does seem much shorter than those for the 113H) with the height of the spot the retaining pin goes to confirm which one I need? That way I could check and hopefully get one of the stainless sleeves for my little project. It does seem to have "fine" rather than coarse threads.

Lastly, I may some day do the Accurate/Newell SS gear upgrade and is there any reason why this would not be eventually possible with a SS sleeve for a 113?

Best, and thx for all replies.

the gear sleeve is the same for the jigmaster, the 112, the 112h and the 113.  it's the 98-60 and it's 1.165 inches tall and the diameter of the post is 0.402 inches.  send me a pm and i will ship one out.  they are $20.  thanks!  alan

Thx for that Alan,

I'll double check mine in the am. I believe it is a little bit longer but will measure to be sure.

regards

Ironman580

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Joel.B

Alan I love the stainless sleeve for the 113, (much smoother and tighter than the OEM, no play) sent a PM inquiring about a sleeve for a squidder and some other parts

BMITCH

Are there any 114HLW SS gears sleeves to be found. If yes where could I get my hands on one?

Thanks, Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

BMITCH

Alan,

If you have them in stock..could you please send a sleeve for the 114HL my way?

Thnx, Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Alto Mare

Bob, try sending Alan a private message with your information. just click on his name and it will take you there.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

buitrechico

I've got a doubt about upgrading a reel with a SS bridge sleeve.Being the steel harder than bronce alloy,doesn't it produce an increased wear of the dog? Wouldn't it be better to change also the dog? (I mean SS bridge sleeve and SS dog)  ???
I've only seen SS pinion yoke at Dawn's but never seen SS dogs somewhere.
Ricardo Dell´Aquila

Keta

Quote from: buitrechico on October 20, 2012, 10:18:27 PM
I've only seen SS pinion yoke at Dawn's but never seen SS dogs somewhere.

Dawn, Alan and I all have SS dogs for 113H and 114H reels, I have some for larger Senators.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

buitrechico

Good to know it Keta.Just in case I decide to upgrade my reel,what about SS dog and pinion yoke for a Penn Squidder?
Ricardo Dell´Aquila

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

buitrechico

Ricardo Dell´Aquila

George4741

I need a squidder gear sleeve that will fit a very old bridge with a smaller diameter shaft.  It doesn't have to be stainless.  Do you have any, stainless or brass?

George
viurem lliures o morirem

alantani

i might have an old one in brass.  send an email to alantani@yahoo.com with your shipping info and i will see what i have.  you may just need a whole new bridge.  i'm pretty sure i have one of those.  then you can get a stainless steel gear sleeve.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!