handle upgrades - please read this first

Started by alantani, December 19, 2008, 07:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tennesseeman and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Alto Mare

Maybe a  little defect with the material.
I have a few of your knobs and as I mentioned earlier those are the best shafts I've seen in a while.
Having one as such out of the many you've offered, I call that good.

With that said, I think Wolvie  deserves a new shaft 🙂
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

happy to replace it.  anything is fine!  just let me know!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

I never had a doubt :)

Looking at it again, I think it should still do just fine as is.
Those are nice shafts Alan.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Mic

.....the fish will probably not be able to tell the difference between your $90 ambassaduer and your $350 calcutta.  your interface with the reel is the handle grip.....

Alan,
If I wanted to hotrod a Penn 210 and a 309 with badass handles, would you recommend i replace the arms as well or just the handles ?

Do you recommend the 6/0's for these type reels ?

Mic

alantani

Quote from: Mic on February 16, 2021, 05:44:31 PM
.....the fish will probably not be able to tell the difference between your $90 ambassaduer and your $350 calcutta.  your interface with the reel is the handle grip.....

Alan,
If I wanted to hotrod a Penn 210 and a 309 with badass handles, would you recommend i replace the arms as well or just the handles ?

Mic

i think the best value would be a 24-56 jigmaster power handle!!!

DFT

Alan,
I bought quite a few power handles from you over the years and they work great.  I recently purchased a MK 20 and a Penn Torque40nld2 and I want to change out the handles.  Should I use the 6/0 size. I believe the rest of my MKs have the 6/0 on them.  They are big and comfortable.

thorhammer

Quote from: alantani on February 16, 2021, 06:29:57 PM

Alan,

Mic

I have at least 20 of Alan's handle / blade sets on my offshore rigs and they are perfect for that. I have the 24-56 on all my 309's, and they are perfect for that- but now the Boss mentions it, I may put them on the 210's too :)

Jon

Mic

Quote from: thorhammer on February 19, 2021, 02:21:32 PM
Quote from: alantani on February 16, 2021, 06:29:57 PM

Alan,

Mic

I have at least 20 of Alan's handle / blade sets on my offshore rigs and they are perfect for that. I have the 24-56 on all my 309's, and they are perfect for that- but now the Boss mentions it, I may put them on the 210's too :)

Jon

Mine are headed this in the mail now

Thanks Jon

Thanks for the straight up recommendation Boss ~!

Mic

alantani

i had to look and was shocked.  the 24-56 penn jigmaster power handle is now $30.  when it was $20, it was a better value.  maybe not so much now. 

thorhammer

WOW. That's pushing into custom territory, and especially if you got the Jigmaster for 20 bucks....

Mic

Quote from: alantani on February 20, 2021, 12:02:18 AM
i had to look and was shocked.  the 24-56 penn jigmaster power handle is now $30.  when it was $20, it was a better value.  maybe not so much now. 

Too late Boss,

Mine will be here tomorrow. But I don't mine the cost if that's the recommended best for my needs.

A large thank you for recommendation. I'll send a pic when I'm done with my 309

Mic

DFT

I ordered the 6/0s last Friday and received them in the mail this morning.  Wow...outstanding customer service.  Thank you Alan.  Just amazing.

alantani

glad you like them.  any questions or problems, just let me know!!!

NEKTON

Hello! I need 2 of the big 6/0 size handles, for a Daiwa SLD 30II and a Penn 30SW.  Sending $72 to the address listed.

Thank you Alan!

lightj12

You still selling the Delrin handles Alan? Interested in a couple 2/0's if you have them. Looking for a stainless 505 gear sleeve too (Mystic Parts?). Thanks, Jeremy.