Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tennesseeman and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Darin Crofton

Sweet looking reel, Col, you did good man!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Maxed Out

Wow, very nice condition 1st gen

The oil port in the knob makes it more likely a 1937 version, but still a fantastic find !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

milne

Thanks guys, Yes, I have sort of found a liking to these Senators !
I didn't know that regarding the oil port in the handle making it a 37,  thanks for that.

My photography examples weren't really that good, or at least didn't really show up it's condition to well.
It does have some corrosion issues, including patches of that green stuff !, so it's nowhere near the condition of my 12/0 I got recently.
BUT, I know I can give it a good going over and make it more presentable, albeit with a bit of Patina, enough for it to look half decent on the shelf.

cheers
Col

Cuttyhunker

Yes it's a correct first year 12/0, the only year with no front lugs, my 37, like most, had the handle changed out for the easier to crank torpedo grip after they became available in 39, so extra good find to get a first year with the original wooden grip.
Doomed from childhood

Donnyboat

Nice find Col, with that 9/0, it drives me mad, when people try to print there name or initials on the chrome rings, it would be just as good on the top of the foot, maybe, it will polish up good, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

1badf350

This early Seaford was a local buy for $20
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

1badf350

The internals look weird to me. Not like what I'm used to seeing on my other penns.

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

1badf350

I think I answered my own question. Consulting of the bluebook it appears this is a first year 1933 Seaford with the internals that they were accused of infringing on.
-Chris

Darin Crofton

Great find, Chris, and some history to go along with it!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Benni3

This 78 just came in the mail,,,,with shipping $24.75,,,I though I pay to much ??? But when I seen it,,,, ;D

Benni3

Quote from: 1badf350 on January 24, 2019, 07:04:47 PM
I think I answered my own question. Consulting of the bluebook it appears this is a first year 1933 Seaford with the internals that they were accused of infringing on.
that's a nice seaford,,,,, :D a 33,,,, ;D

1badf350

-Chris

Fishy247

sdlehr

Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Benni3