Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1badf350

Quote from: sdlehr on February 09, 2019, 03:56:15 PM
Quote from: 1badf350 on February 09, 2019, 03:52:45 PM
Sid its legit.
I hope you come back and show us pics after it's cleaned up a little.....

Sorry its not up to your standards.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

sdlehr

I just assumed you were going to clean it up because that's what I would do - if you don't want to, that's up to you, but there's no need to apologize for it. It's a great find and I would clean it up - at least with some soap and water - but that's just what I would do. I apologize if my statement put you off.
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Alto Mare

Some serious collectors like to see the reels untouched, especially one of this caliber.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

foakes

Thanks for sharing your find, Chris!

Reminds me of Chili Verde.

Great historical Penn piece.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

broadway

Chris,
    That is the reel deal, pal.... and a major score!  First one these I've seen as well.
Nice find,
Dom

Maxed Out

I think you should re-paint it red......and install newer power handle and go fishin'
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

54bullseye

Looks like green paint to me LOL !!!!!!

Gfish

Quote from: 1badf350 on February 09, 2019, 06:36:51 AM
Quote from: Gfish on February 09, 2019, 03:03:59 AM
Lookit the knob on that baby. Kinda looks like wood. Very nice. Date?
No thanks buddy I'm married.

Happily?... Probably...lucky lady. PM me if you change your mind.

Ha! , good one Chris. You can tell by the comparitive lameness of my come-back.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

1badf350

Im sorry Col I forgot to congratulate you on a great find with that Surfmaster! About as mint as you could hope to find! I love those green tags!
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

milne

Thanks Chris,
                        First green tag I've got actually,
          But speaking of Green, nothing like that show piece green reel you scored but.
   But at least it shows there are still some good finds out there if you look hard.

cheers Chris

Col

1badf350

Need to resurrect this thread with a nice lefty greenie to match my 710 from several pages back
-Chris

Bill B

Sweet reel Chris, makes a good pair.

The wife must have felt sorry for either me or this 6/0, either way for $5 I won't complain. Looks to be an early 2nd generation with linen line and rosewood handle. Looking forward to giving it a good clean.  Don't know what to do with the missing clicker, I don't use them very often, so might leave it blank to keep it as original as possible.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

milne

Hi Chris,
           I don't know much about the "Greenies", But that is one real nice clean looking one, Congrats......

Bill,   That's as original condition as they come !
         I'm looking forward to the after shots, I recon it will scrub up a treat.....

Col

1badf350

Whoa Bill that actually looks good all dirty. It also looks like it would clean up pretty well. Your wife has a good eye
-Chris

mo65

You're gonna have a blast bringin' that one back from the dark side Bill...it looks like the kind that comes out way better than ya had figured. The wifey scored big! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~