Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tennesseeman and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

mo65

Was that a recent buy Ted? Lately I haven't been able to find much of interest on eBay...I must be poppin' in after Ted makes a swath...HA! :D
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

broadway

Ted has an amazing eye for the reels that look like crud, but it's just caked on oil/ grease and gunk.  He take a towel and makes them new again.
Beautiful reels, Ted
Dom

Maxed Out

Quote from: mo65 on May 02, 2017, 03:35:25 PM
  Was that a recent buy Ted? Lately I haven't been able to find much of interest on eBay...I must be poppin' in after Ted makes a swath...HA! :D

If you're not finding good deals on eBay, then you ain't looking hard enough. Most the reels I get from eBay are auction format and if a reel goes beyond my price point, I'll let someone else have it and wait for another to come along.

Here are just a few that came from eBay in the last 2 months. Average price for this group is about $43 each, even the anniversary reel.....Actually have exactly $30.50 total into that one......Yep, you're right Mo, no deals on eBay if you're waiting for one to fall in your lap. The best reels are the ones you gotta search for.  ;D ;D

-Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Benni3

Just came in $.99+6.95 shipping a piece 309and500 if I really wanted one of these reels,,,,then there hard to come by

Decker

Quote from: Benni3 on May 09, 2017, 03:40:27 AM
Just came in $.99+6.95 shipping a piece 309and500 if I really wanted one of these reels,,,,then there hard to come by

What kind of secret search criteria did you use to find those?? :o :o :o

Bill B

Ben you better check outside your window the police may be coming.....because you stole those  :o :o......Good job brother....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

mo65

Quote from: Decker on May 09, 2017, 07:04:44 PM
Quote from: Benni3 on May 09, 2017, 03:40:27 AM

What kind of secret search criteria did you use to find those?? :o :o :o

This is something I've been wondering about...as my brother and I seem to get totally different reels in our searches. He'll send me a link to something I never even saw in my search, and vise versa. Killer deal Benni3! 8) 

Benni3

Thank guys and I love your posts ,,,,here the trick bid on 5 or 10 reels at the same time ..low ball...if you really want it the last 10sec go big ,,,,,and mo I know you want a 9/0 look at Florida's  Craigslist and pawn shops on line in Florida

sdlehr

Quote from: Benni3 on May 10, 2017, 02:57:35 AMmo I know you want a 9/0 look at Florida's  Craigslist and pawn shops on line in Florida
There certainly is no shortage of 115s out there. Mike, what are you looking for? If you end up finding one near me in Palm Beach County I'd happily pick it up and ship it out to you.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Benni3

Oh and i go to 'vintage penn reels'  by ending and just listed

mo65

Quote from: sdlehr on May 10, 2017, 04:07:34 AM
Quote from: Benni3 on May 10, 2017, 02:57:35 AMmo I know you want a 9/0 look at Florida's  Craigslist and pawn shops on line in Florida
There certainly is no shortage of 115s out there. Mike, what are you looking for? If you end up finding one near me in Palm Beach County I'd happily pick it up and ship it out to you.

Sid

Thanks guys. You're right...there are lots around...I'm just looking for that ridiculously cheap one...LOL!! ;D

oc1

I keep thinking about buying a Penn 4/0 just because I can.  I wanted one badly as a teen but had to make do with a hand-me-down Olympic.  The shame of it all.
-steve

Penn Chronology

QuoteI keep thinking about buying a Penn 4/0 just because I can.  I wanted one badly as a teen but had to make do with a hand-me-down Olympic.  The shame of it all.
-steve

That's funny Steve. I have a entire collection of reels that I own because I can. When I was a kid I felt special just being able to have a Penn 155 with a matching surf rod. Things were a little tight in the 1950's.

AC49

Hi All

Just got hold of a Penn Jig-Master 500 with a Bakelite narrow spool.
Some part numbers:
Handle 24-49
Stand 30-49
Non-handle side bearing 40-60
Handle screw 23-60
Star drag wheel 10-60
Spool = 43.3mm or 1.7inches

Was wondering if anyone could help with any info on the reel. What I have found is the narrow Jigmaster is the 501- is that on the sideplates ?
As per reel schematics the "Fine tooth star drag, older reels take a 10-60".
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Regards AC49